tractor accident update

Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:27 am

Last week I posted a message about a friend who was struck by a falling tree limb while bush hogging. At that time he was completely paralyzed and not expected to live. He was transferred to the Mayo Clinic, and has regained some feeling and managed to move his shoulders a little. Prognosis now is that he stands a good chance of making a complete recovery, but it will take several months. He has surprised everyone, including the doctors. My thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:32 am

John
he is very lucky and I am glad to hear the better news about him.
a few years ago I was brush hogging the trails in the woods and bumpped a tree with the read tire and a branch feel hit me in the head and almost knocked me off the tractor. I am not really sure how I stayed on.
and of course you know if I would have fell off the tracotr would have kept going and the brush hog might have got me.
I had a headach for 2-3 days and I had all I could do to regain my sences to get back to the house. I was about 20 years old and probably should have went to the doctor. Being 30 now I know better and check things out and probably would have had my wife take me in.
Chad

Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:01 am

Glad to hear of the recovery. Us old Bell Heads are tough old birds.
Bill

Thank goodness...

Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:32 am

John,

Glad to hear your friend is making a recovery, and CJP, sorry to hear about your accident.

A healthy respect for (or fear of) rotating equipment is usually a good thing to have. I don't bush-hog without a hard hat any more, even out in the open if I'm hogging over larger stuff.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:37 am

That is good news. Thanks for the update John :D

Mike...another old BellHead

Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:44 am

John:

Glad to hear of his progress. Let us pray that he does make a full recovery. Most times when we hear of these accidents, the end result is usually bad news. Maybe this time it will be good news! Keep us posted!

Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:21 pm

John: Glad to hear the good news. Lets hope for a complete recovery. Dan

Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:13 pm

John,

We too are hoping for a speedy and complete recovery. 8)

Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:46 pm

Thanks for the update. That's the best news I've heard all day.