help with measurements

Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:57 pm

I'm planning to put duals on one of my Cubs. Since I feel most of the rewards we get from working on our tractors is the accomplishment of doing most of the work ourselves, I plan to make the adapters.

I've found the photos of the adapters at TM tractor parts, and am scaling the photos to determine the measurements… along with using a hub and wheel from one of my tractors.

In the interest of accuracy, does anyone have a set of extensions that can be measured to confirm measurements?

Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:28 pm

I have a set on my '55 loboy. I would be glad to get you any measurements you need. :wink:

JP Tractor had a cub at the cub-arama last year that had duals on it. I talked with John, Jr. the other day and asked him if they had used the spacers/extensions on that cub. He said "No, we dished-out the centers on the inner wheels and dished-in the centers on the outer wheels and used longer lugs....the extensions are not needed to dual a cub". :shock:

I read somewhere that the extensions were only used for better stability on the high crop cubs. :roll:

Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:12 pm

Thanks, CB,

This project will require more thinking. If it can be done that simply, I'll save the effort for a different project.

It was the deep dish of the wheels on the 154 that started my thinking. Obviously it's axles on it are too short to allow reversing the wheels. I agree that mounting the regular rims at the extreme position will eliminate the need for an adapter.

I'm lucky enough to have 4 matching wheels with matching new tires to use. The tricycle will be the lucky tractor.

A friend just got a computer controlled plasma cutter and volunteered to cut the blanks for me just to show it off if I gave him an accurate drawing. He claims to be able to even cut the holes for the lug bolts to tapping size!!!

Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:59 pm

I'll send the measurements as soon as I can get one off and measure it. Are there any specific measurements you need :?: I know you need the length and the diameter of both ends. You know, I could always take one off and send it to you to use as a template. :roll:

Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:01 pm

Cub-Bud wrote:I'll send the measurements as soon as I can get one off and measure it. Are there any specific measurements you need :?: I know you need the length and the diameter of both ends. You know, I could always take one off and send it to you to use as a template. :roll:

CB,

Your idea you got from J P jarred my thinking processes back to reality. I think I'll try to do the job by adjusting the rim/center fit. After looking closely, I do think it will work just fine.

It's really heartwarming to learn that I have friends willing to make the effort to help. I'll keep you posted as the project moves forward.

Thanks again... John *.?-!.* cub owner already told us what a good friend you really are. :lol: :lol: :lol: