Electrical switch questions

Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:24 pm

Hi All,

Now that I have the Cub running good, it's time to address some other issues that I have a couple of questions about.

my Cub is a 1951 model that the po modified the ignition switch and light switch.
It now has a key type ignition switch and a push/pull light switch.

My question is, what type light switch do I need? 3 or 4 position.

Do I need just a push/pull type of ignition switch?

Also, the rear light is burned out, are replacement bulb easy to find, or do the have to come from a I/H supplier?



Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:32 pm

Ron, the 51 should have a voltage regulator therefore, a 3 position light switch. Battery ignition tractors use a standard 2 terminal push-pull switch. Magneto ignition tractors use a single terminal grounding switch. Both switches are available new or used.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:08 pm

The bulb is an 1133 and shouldn't be hard to find, although some people can't find local sources.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:44 pm

thanks guy's for all your help!!


Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:49 pm


I got my replacement bulbs at NAPA.
Got my fuel strainer assembly there too. ($22)