This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub #3 for me

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
David D. smith
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub #3 for me

Postby David D. smith » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:31 pm

Bought a 49 cub from a buddy of mine. His grandfather on his mothers side bought it new. Then my buddys dad had it. He gave it to my buddy and he has had it for 30 years. My buddy is a diesel mechanic and he overhauled it 20 years ago. All he used it for was snow plowing his driveway. It comes with a snow blade, cultivator and single bottom garden plow and possibly chains. Runs great. He bought a new 30 hp JD and needs the barn space for that. None of his boys wanted it so I got first shot. $1500. Sounds like a good deal to me. What do you think? Will pick it up next week. :)
Dave <*)))><

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:36 pm

Congratulations! Lots of lunc with your # 3
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Great!

Postby allenlook » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:59 pm

Sounds reasonable, given that the tractor wasn't rode hard and put up wet. Have fun, and ask lots of questions. :D
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:35 pm

Sounds good to me.It would cost more than that here. 8) :)
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:37 pm

Ditto! Both on what all the guys said, and what Bruce said. You got a nice deal, congratulations on number 3 :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:07 pm

Congrats David,

My only question is how did you talk your wife in letting you have THREE tractors?

My wife told me that one of my tractors HAD TO GO, It was a hard decision, My John Deere garden tractor with power steering and hydrostat, 48, 8N Ford or my recently restored 55 Cub Lo-Boy.

SO, unfortunately my 48, 8N Ford was the one I have chosen to say goodbye to. BUT it hasn't sold yet, HA HA HA I've had a lot of calls and I tell them EVERYTHING that is wrong and tell them it's not perfect by any means, with any luck it won't get sold. Then again, it's not like I really need any of them, I live in town with a 100 foot by 300 foot lot, but I sure do like them little tractors. I keep telling her, I need these tractos for when we move out in the counrty. She just gives me a dirty look.

If I had my way, I'd have the whole backyard full of old tractors of all makes.

John Niekamp

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:10 pm

John N wrote:Congrats David,

My only question is how did you talk your wife in letting you have THREE tractors?

My wife told me that one of my tractors HAD TO GO, It was a hard decision, My John Deere garden tractor with power steering and hydrostat, 48, 8N Ford or my recently restored 55 Cub Lo-Boy.

SO, unfortunately my 48, 8N Ford was the one I have chosen to say goodbye to. BUT it hasn't sold yet, HA HA HA I've had a lot of calls and I tell them EVERYTHING that is wrong and tell them it's not perfect by any means, with any luck it won't get sold. Then again, it's not like I really need any of them, I live in town with a 100 foot by 300 foot lot, but I sure do like them little tractors. I keep telling her, I need these tractos for when we move out in the counrty. She just gives me a dirty look.

John Niekamp

That trick blew up in my face one time. I shot the guy a price I thought was way to high and the guy messed around and bought it. :cry:
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

David D. smith
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby David D. smith » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:51 am

John N wrote:Congrats David,

John Niekamp

Well, The wife owns a Quilt fabric shop. She has 30 to 40 sewing machines. Guess where we are going this afternoon, thats right to look at another sewing machine for her to buy.
Actually I now own 9 tractors. three cubs, five Fords and a Bolens. I have a long way to go to catch up to her, George W, and Big Dog . But sewing machines are easyer to store.
Dave <*)))><

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:16 am

And to think I only have 1 1/2 Cubs :cry: :cry:

Congratulations!!!
Kirk

CUBS:
'49

Return to “Farmall Cub”