This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tire Inflator = Explosive Gas?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Tire Inflator = Explosive Gas?

Postby allenlook » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:05 am

Was thumbing through the accessories section of the Owner's Manual last night, and came across the tire inflator that you put into one of the spark plug holes and run the engine for a while...

- Would that not fill the tire with air and gasoline at just the right mixture to explode?

- Is this not a bad idea?

- Can I not think of another question to ask in the negative? :lol:
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:53 am

It has a rubber diaphram in it and sucks air through ports in the side rather than mix from the cylinder. It doesn't deliver near the volume of the piston. I have seen old ones that the diaphram started to leak in that would get gasoline fumes.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:58 am

Here's one for sale if you need one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 48895&rd=1
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:01 pm

I used to use those plug pumps a lot in the old days and I thought they worked great if you have easy access to a plug hole. They are a lot better than these 12-volt cig-lighter plug-ins junk that we use nowadays. :o
Then came Bronson

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:17 pm

Amen to that Johnbron Amen. They were popular years ago. We used to let some of the air out for traction on the beach, Have a party past where there was a crowd, and pump back up for the road in my 36 Ford. Those were the days my friend. Those were the days!
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”