New 7x24 Rear rim from Miller tire

Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:51 pm

Just received one new rim from miller tire. :D
It is well made but 4 lb lighter :shock: than the one I got from centeral tractor just before they went out.
I would have got two at CT but they only had the one in stock & I only paid$25.00.
The one from Miller the rim is thinner than the one from CT.
Has any body else seen any thing along these lines. :?: :?:
I called miller & they said it was what they have been selling for a while.

It fits very snug & looks well made other wise.
Bottom line I am going to use it in good health. :D :D :D

Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:09 pm

Most of the Central Tractor stores are now Tractor Supply Stores. I don't know where Wellsville is but the one in Oneonta changed over.
Bill

Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:32 pm

Dale51, did you pay three times as much for the lightweight from miller tire :?:
This does not seem right :roll:

I wonder if the wheel from miller is made in USA :?:

Are the heavier wheels still available from Central Tractor or Tractor Supply :?: or no mas :roll:

Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:49 am

He got it for $25 because CT was going out of business at the time, I'm sure. It's called being in the right place at the right time... Lucky $#%!$% :?

Wellsville? You probably got yours at the CT that used to be in Hornell, right? Went to college in Alfred, so I'm semi-familiar with the area.

Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:08 am

There are 2 wellsville in NY. One in the general area of Albany and the other south of Buffalo. Who would have thunk it.
Bill

Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:59 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:He got it for $25 because CT was going out of business at the time, I'm sure. It's called being in the right place at the right time... Lucky $#%!$% :?

Wellsville? You probably got yours at the CT that used to be in Hornell, right? Went to college in Alfred, so I'm semi-familiar with the area.

Your Right :D :D :D :D

Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:24 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:Went to college in Alfred.

So did I, which school?

Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:58 am

It's nice to see some fellow Alfred alumni.
Rondell
Class of '82
Wellsville campus
Truck and Diesel Tech

Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:40 am

SUNY Alfred Classes of '94 and '96. Came away with a BS in mechanical engineering :)

Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:42 pm

I was at the University. BA, Mathematics, '69.