What to bring to Cubarama?

Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:41 pm

I am trying to decide what to bring to the Cubarama. I can bring 4 or more Cubs and some implements. Many of you have seen some of my stuff, What do you think?
Restored tractors or unrestored? I will bring the Industrial Cub for Jim Becker for the races. The tractor has to hold on to it's title. :-)
I thought of bringing an early French built Cub, 801st one built. Leon will have his French Super Cubs so no need to duplicate.
Should I bring a bunch of fast hitch implements?

Any ideas on other things people should bring.

Mike

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:50 pm

HI Mike

I like the High Crop Cub and I think you have one. I would like to see it. I have a '57 High Crop that my wife calls the Cub on steroids.

Bring your fasthitch stuff too if possible. I can't bring anything this year because I'm still a BD trainee. He says I can only bring an empty trailer :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cub on Steroids 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Mike

Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:35 pm

Restored vs. unrestored is an easy decision around here, only one choice. What I told Jamie was that I would bring a Lo-Boy with an L-22 mower, plus a Cadet.

I may throw on a one-point Armor blade. Have another possibility or two. I'm trying to think of things that weren't there last year. I'll need something to talk about.

Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:04 pm

Guess I'll bring the rear scoop and flail mower. Not that I particullarly want to show them off, but I'm still using them and didn't want to change to other attachments and back again.

Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:47 am

Hey Mike! Bring one of them junky IH trucks! :D :D :D :wink: :wink:

My, my, my......

Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:40 pm

That is one beautiful cub high crop. You can definitely see the difference in the rear wheels as opposed to the "regular" cub rear wheels. Thanks for posting such a fine machine. No small wonder these gents are so fond of these tractors.

Rick :D

Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:56 pm

Mike:

I like the look of the pre-cleaner mason jar on the intake :!: Nice added touch :D

Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:50 pm

If that is a real IH Cub precleaner it is worth a lot. I saw one bring $175.
My high crop is a 1955. I had it at RedPower in PA. It has been in primer now for 2 years. Bought it at a cheap "buy it now" price on ebay and drove from the Show in PA to Conn. to pick it up and now it sits in the shed at home in Cheeseland.
I started and drove a bunch of Cubs (7) out in the yard to wash. Some of the tractors have not been started for a year or more. It sure pays to put Stabil in them.
I am trying to decide what to haul to Cubarama. I am thinking about all unrestored tractors. I think it will be a nice compliment to Leon Walker's tractors. LOL
When I pressure washed the 1957 loboy ( I bought from paul Bazzetta) I had the 1 point carrier on it. I never noticed before but it still has the original part numbers on the wood platform. I guess better bring the pair. The lowboy also has a reduction gear on it for the rototiller.
Maybe I should bring the rototiller too.
While I am typing this I think I have decided to bring the 1955 French Cub(801st one built) , 1963 Yellow Industrial Cub, Original French Super Cub w/ a French IH 2 way plow, and the 1957 lowboy. If I have room I will throw on a bunch of implements.
I guess Jim Becker, E. John and I can line up our unrestored tractors together.
BigDog, I'd bring one of my junky IH trucks but they are not allowed. I don't see why not, they are letting the *&#@! Cub Cadets come. :-)
See you guys in 7 days.
Mike
On further thought maybe I should just come with an empty 35' trailer and beat Big Dog to all of the great deals at JPs.