This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What to bring to Cubarama?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

What to bring to Cubarama?

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:41 pm

I am trying to decide what to bring to the Cubarama. I can bring 4 or more Cubs and some implements. Many of you have seen some of my stuff, What do you think?
Restored tractors or unrestored? I will bring the Industrial Cub for Jim Becker for the races. The tractor has to hold on to it's title. :-)
I thought of bringing an early French built Cub, 801st one built. Leon will have his French Super Cubs so no need to duplicate.
Should I bring a bunch of fast hitch implements?

Any ideas on other things people should bring.

Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:50 pm

HI Mike

I like the High Crop Cub and I think you have one. I would like to see it. I have a '57 High Crop that my wife calls the Cub on steroids.

Bring your fasthitch stuff too if possible. I can't bring anything this year because I'm still a BD trainee. He says I can only bring an empty trailer :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cub on Steroids 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Mike

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:35 pm

Restored vs. unrestored is an easy decision around here, only one choice. What I told Jamie was that I would bring a Lo-Boy with an L-22 mower, plus a Cadet.

I may throw on a one-point Armor blade. Have another possibility or two. I'm trying to think of things that weren't there last year. I'll need something to talk about.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:04 pm

Guess I'll bring the rear scoop and flail mower. Not that I particullarly want to show them off, but I'm still using them and didn't want to change to other attachments and back again.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:47 am

Hey Mike! Bring one of them junky IH trucks! :D :D :D :wink: :wink:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

My, my, my......

Postby SundaySailor » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:40 pm

That is one beautiful cub high crop. You can definitely see the difference in the rear wheels as opposed to the "regular" cub rear wheels. Thanks for posting such a fine machine. No small wonder these gents are so fond of these tractors.

Rick :D
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:56 pm

Mike:

I like the look of the pre-cleaner mason jar on the intake :!: Nice added touch :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:50 pm

If that is a real IH Cub precleaner it is worth a lot. I saw one bring $175.
My high crop is a 1955. I had it at RedPower in PA. It has been in primer now for 2 years. Bought it at a cheap "buy it now" price on ebay and drove from the Show in PA to Conn. to pick it up and now it sits in the shed at home in Cheeseland.
I started and drove a bunch of Cubs (7) out in the yard to wash. Some of the tractors have not been started for a year or more. It sure pays to put Stabil in them.
I am trying to decide what to haul to Cubarama. I am thinking about all unrestored tractors. I think it will be a nice compliment to Leon Walker's tractors. LOL
When I pressure washed the 1957 loboy ( I bought from paul Bazzetta) I had the 1 point carrier on it. I never noticed before but it still has the original part numbers on the wood platform. I guess better bring the pair. The lowboy also has a reduction gear on it for the rototiller.
Maybe I should bring the rototiller too.
While I am typing this I think I have decided to bring the 1955 French Cub(801st one built) , 1963 Yellow Industrial Cub, Original French Super Cub w/ a French IH 2 way plow, and the 1957 lowboy. If I have room I will throw on a bunch of implements.
I guess Jim Becker, E. John and I can line up our unrestored tractors together.
BigDog, I'd bring one of my junky IH trucks but they are not allowed. I don't see why not, they are letting the *&#@! Cub Cadets come. :-)
See you guys in 7 days.
Mike
On further thought maybe I should just come with an empty 35' trailer and beat Big Dog to all of the great deals at JPs.
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Return to “Farmall Cub”