Electrolysis Pitfalls

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:13 pm

This electrolysis thing is good, but it's hard to convince my wife that I'm working. Its kinda like watching the grass grow. At least with the grinder or sandblaster, you know someone's working hard. I'm starting to feel like a "girly-man". Maybe I can add some sound effects for a little more noise. I would appreciate any ideas..........Bill V.

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:17 pm

Bill, considering it gives off oxygen and hydrogen, try setting a candle or something similiar just above it. The resulting flashes and booms as stuff goes flying should convine her you are doing something. :lol: :lol:

Please, don't anyone do this, it can cause serious injuries. I was only kidding Bill.

Electrolysis

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:30 pm

Yeah, I thought about that John, but it would scare the dog, so gotta try something else.

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:51 pm

You might try a low pressure air hose to bubble some air through it. Just enough to make it sound like a mad scientist's lab. Then she'll really think you're up to something.

Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:57 pm

Maybe dry ice would add a little drama.

Electrolysis

Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:25 pm

Compressed air and dry ice - I think we're on to something.........

Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:11 pm

How about adding a can of carbide to the mix. This would add the noxious smell you need and aid with John's combustion methods. The bubbling would be a good visual too :roll:

Explain to your wife that the dog always needs to be tied up during electrolysis for his own safety.

mt

and...

Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:18 pm

You could let her dip her legs in and voila, she wouldn't have to shave 'em any more. :D

Rick

Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:19 am

I think playing a tape of "Rocky Top" continuously and loud would help a lot.

Electrolysis

Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:56 am

"Rocky-Top".....now why didn't I think of that. Carbide & legwax.......all good ideas.