Touch Control Quadrant

Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:59 pm

I was at the Westminster, MD show last weekend a saw a Super C there that had what appeared to be nice shiny new, zinc or galvanize plated Touch Control quadrants. The owner was not around the tractor for me to get any info. Does anyone know if these are still available through Case/IH or are being reproduced by someone? Thanks.

Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:52 pm

Yes, they are still available from Case/IH. OEM has reproductions, as well. 8)

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:51 pm

Hi All

I saw them in Red power magazine in the OEM add, as CB pointed out and the complete assembly lever and all was $57.00 Some folks with good skills rework the top part of them. I think Mr. Willer has reworked some in the past. Paul K. in N.H.

Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:39 pm

Holy smoke. $57 for the quadrant. If there is any metal left on the old one and you have ever jointed a saw fixing the quadrant is no problem. Even if you haven't a small trangular file is all that is required to fix the piece up. On the couple of Cubs I have had the problem is usually that the throttle lever has been worn so it won't hold in the indent. That takes a little more time to fix.

Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:47 pm

I would call JP Tractor Salvage and check on the availability of a used one. :wink:

By the way, in my first reply, I was thinking of the quadrant stops, not the quadrant itself. I also had the cub tractor in mind, not a Super C. :oops:

Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:57 pm

It was the Touch Control (hydraulic) quadrant I was talking about, not the throttle quadrant. But these were definitely brand new, and plated, not painted. I'll give my Case/IH dealer a call and see what's available. Thanks guys.

Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:27 pm

Hi All

I agree $57.00 is alot, but I am just posting whats in the add, Throttle plate assembly. Thats why I said those with some skill could go to work and fix one up. Paul K. in N.H.

Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:24 pm

So this whole thing brings up a question... were the holes in the quadrant tapped to hold the stops? Was there something like a thumbscrew or just a bolt if it was tapped?

Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:51 pm

The srops have thumb screws in them

Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:56 pm


I think this post is about the throttle quadrant that has v shaped notchs to hold the lever at different engine speeds. If you are talking about the touch control to the left of the throttle there are little stops on there that can be set by sliding them to and fro on the arch, the stops have a 10/32 hole tapped in the middle and on my 61 they used a 10/32 like a thumb screw, but there is a wingnut head on it instead of a thumb screw head. one of mine is busted off in the stop. I don't see them at the hardware, but someone on here knows where you can get them. If not from IH, then from a fastener co. If all that fails you can get a piece of 10/32 all thread and cut it to length and thread it into a wingnut and put a little weld on the top and it will be as they were new. Paul K. in N.H. :oops: