exhaust color?

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

exhaust color?

Postby bubba » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:55 pm

i was wondering if any of you can tell me what color the exhaust pipe and muffler is , it's the style that runs under the belly, and it's on a 1955, and also was the grille's white or red on the 55's?
bubba
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garvin Gatewood » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:45 am

The grill is red. They did not change it to white until sometime in '56. I don't know what color the exhaust should be but I would just paint it heat treated aluminum.
Eight Cubs-finally got a '57.
Garvin Gatewood
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:46 am

The typical color for the underslung exhaust is "surface rust" or "oxidize black."
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com
Bigdog
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 43154
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:28 pm

The exhaust pipe was painted with the tractor, the muffler was put after the paint booth. The paint would burn off of the manifold and exhaust pipe after a bit of use. I fyou look at original tractors the manifold is still painted on the intake and the paint is burnedd off on the exhaust side.
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.
Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Return to Farmall Cub