Re: Starting on the '50

Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:18 pm

that is really going to be a nice cub when your done.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:51 am

Rob in NH wrote:that is really going to be a nice cub when your done.

It should be a good working tractor. Some of the tractor was painted with automotive paint when I bought it and I am using the fenders and platform as-is. The color match it pretty good with the Nason I used to paint the castings. The hood has a fisheye spot on it the size of a baseball, so I will need to sand that and put on another coat.

Boss set me up with with his favorite Zenith carb to complete the engine upgrade- 154 governor, pop-ups, 154 manifold and carb. I will source some SS tubing for the exhaust stack and run a larger pipe without a reducer. I'll wait to paint the hood to make sure there are no fit-up issues with the larger stack. I started out going for stock, even finding all the dot-head bolts I needed. The magneto looks bad, I had no charging system, and I had a nice battery ignition so I decided to put on an alternator and go with 12 volt and a Pertronix system. I will make up my own wiring harness and find some LED bulbs for the teardrop lights. I like the underslung exhaust for mowing, but if I whittle down to a single tractor, this may be my keeper. That won't be an easy choice with the red Longstripe in the mix.

Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:35 pm

Bob - good luck with that - can't wait to see pictures.