New Brake Bands

Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:21 am

The finals are finally done!

BUT...............The new brake bands are too tight. I was able to get the right side on, but there is too much drag. The left side will not even go over the hub. Very disappointing.

Parts came from Case/IH dealer but the part may be aftermarket.

CNH Original Parts, Part # 358753R22.

Have-an-eye!

Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:41 am

Hi,

Just talked to CASE/IH. They will be looking into the brake band fit issue.

They are not really aftermarket as CNH stands for Case New Holland, I didn't know that. But, I'm guessing that someone else may be "building" parts for them. Just a hunch.

Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:46 am

EZ, I have heard many reports of the small brake bands but usually, it was an after-market band. Are they close enough that you could sand the band a little and get it on? (with the proper safety equipment of course)

Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:49 pm

Big,

At $50Cdn. ea. I would rather have Case/IH come up with a better product than modify and be slightly happy knowing that I had to "wear off" a good chunk of the brakes before getting to apply them even once. No, I've got lots of time to wait for them.

Thanks for the sugg. though.

Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:25 pm

I got some aftermarket brake bands - that instead of them being rivetted on, they use "super-adhesive" to hold them on. Dad is hesitant to put them on, fearing they aren't going to be flexible enough - and if they do flex, the bonding will break away. Has anyone used these?

Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:51 pm

EZ:

Friction plus will reline your old bands. Around a buck or two per foot plus installation. Best deal I can think of! You should have an outlet up there!

Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:44 pm

Rudi,

Never heard of Friction Plus.
I'll ask around next time I'm out of the woods.

You would think it would be fairly easy to get done.