This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Long Distance Purchases?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Long Distance Purchases?

Postby Paul_NJ » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:56 pm

I'd be really interested in hearing anyone’s experiences of purchasing old tractors that weren't found "down the road" for sale. (which is how I found my 51 Cub). I've been watching the ads for a particular Farmall, but living in New Jersey, tractors are considerably more difficult to find. The times I have seen the model I’m interested in, it’s usually 1000 miles away. Not having a trailer is a problem. Has anyone relied on an acquaintance to inspect a tractor for them? What about arranging transport? I’d appreciate any experiences.

P.S. I’m looking for a 53-54 wide front Super H.

Thanks
Paul
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:11 pm

Paul, If you know someone on this or any other forum who is close to the tractor you will usually find someone is willing to take a short trip to check one over for you. A dis-interested third party is a far more impartial judge of the condition than a very interested buyer. Many times you can also arrange transportation this way. Sometimes it may be in short hops and it may take some time, but it works. I know that many of the guys on the ATIS mail lists do this on a regular basis.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”