Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:29 pm

beaconlight wrote:Jonbron I don't get the picture and a pop up on Netscape but get in ok using Internet Explorer.
Bill


:( Bill there must be a hidden code in this thread cause its the only thread that does it. I traced some URL addy,s from this page and it has a few porno page links involved so that is probably why I am getting the password pop-up. There was also farmallcub links but when I click on them it said cache was having a problem and to try again. So, only the Shadow Knows. 8) 8)

Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:03 pm

John N & Paul B. I think you guys are right on. Looks to me to be some kind of de-burring material used in tumblers or vibrators. (I'd hate to see large castings being tumbled around, though) Anyway - got it out after grinding one of the points off..........

Image

Thanks for all your replys.................

Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:07 pm

johnbron wrote:
beaconlight wrote:Jonbron I don't get the picture and a pop up on Netscape but get in ok using Internet Explorer.
Bill


:( Bill there must be a hidden code in this thread cause its the only thread that does it. I traced some URL addy,s from this page and it has a few porno page links involved so that is probably why I am getting the password pop-up. There was also farmallcub links but when I click on them it said cache was having a problem and to try again. So, only the Shadow Knows. 8) 8)


JB. Please don't blame me. Never had porno on my computer and never plan to. :!:

Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:09 am

Ron L wrote:JB. Please don't blame me. Never had porno on my computer and never plan to. :!:


I aint blaming anybody cause I really dont know whats going on but I do know that this is the only thread that gives me a pop-up each time I enter it. As I said before, "OnlyTheShadowKnows" :twisted:

Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:35 am

Ron, good to hear we have a lucky guess every once on a while. The process may have been the head was mounted on something solid and the rocks just moved about. Who knows, them old engineers had some extremely brilliant ideas back then. I know the tumbling rocks have been around since the at least in the mid 1920's. Our old antique tumbler was built in 1924 and in the owner's manual, there's a picture of the rocks and the new one's we buy today look just like the ones in the manual.

Hey but I am wondering however, what was the reason for removing the head? Overhaul, valve job blown gasket or just plain stuck engine? Just nosy mainly. You may have already posted it at one time or another. I try to read each and every post, but there are a few that slips by.

What ever it may be, good luck with your endeavor and hope everything goes well.

John Niekamp

Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:25 pm

John N wrote:Hey but I am wondering however, what was the reason for removing the head? Overhaul, valve job blown gasket or just plain stuck engine? Just nosy mainly. You may have already posted it at one time or another. I try to read each and every post, but there are a few that slips by.

What ever it may be, good luck with your endeavor and hope everything goes well.

John Niekamp


John. Just got back on-line. (No electric & phone since Sat eve. Ivan :evil: ) She quit on me about a year ago. Low compression and was smoking then. Finaly got around to working on it. (since I retired, don't have a lot of time to do all the things I want to :D ). Plan on lapping the valve seats & replacing the rings. Everything looks good so far (cylinder walls & valves). After reading all the posts on this forum & reading the manuals, I now have the confidence to tackle this job. I'm a machinist by trade, not an engine mechanic! GW's valve lapping instructions and other posts are super info for the backyard mechanic. And, I know if I run into problems, where to ask questions.............