OEM

Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:57 pm

Is OEM going to be at Cubarama? Is it them who make the replacement serial tags?

Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:14 pm

Don't know if they will be there or not but they do have the tags [page 27 of the catalog ($19.00)] 8)

Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:57 am

HR, I got my serial tag for Missy from them, but had some problems. Rivets are too big and holes not quite correctly spaced. Also i wasn't too happy aobut the $8 shipping and handling for an item that came in an envelope with 67 cents postage. There was a post by one of the members about another source, but i don't have the name handy. You might do an archive search for serial tans and see if you can find it.

Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:33 am

I would suggest going to Pilot Knob. Honest, straight forward and not the problems you have with Dale at OEM.
Ron Berlage
1-815-777-0826

Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:24 pm

Robert Diener advertises in the Red Power Magazine a former IH engineer has the best Ser# Tags. Great to work with and knows the correct tag for your tractor.

Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:54 am

Does he have an ad in Red Power? (Not a subscriber...yet) Perhaps a web site?

Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:04 am

hr's49cub wrote:Does he have an ad in Red Power? (Not a subscriber...yet) Perhaps a web site?

Harold if & when you get a new tag from whomever let us know the results of the quality & your experience with the seller. I am thinking of getting a new tag made and just puting it over the old beat-up original. I will probably have to hunt up some slightly longer rivets.

Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:06 am

I am thinking of getting a new tag made and just puting it over the old beat-up original.

Just curious :?: Why not remove the old one :?: It's fairly easy, and the old rivets can be saved.
HR

Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:15 am

hr's49cub wrote:
I am thinking of getting a new tag made and just puting it over the old beat-up original.

Just curious :?: Why not remove the old one :?: It's fairly easy, and the old rivets can be saved.
HR

The original tag is already removed and the surface painted. I just thought it would be nice to keep the original tag with the tractor. If I dont nail it back on to its partner I will surely lose it.

Cool

Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:31 am

That's kind of cool leaving the old one on there - for documentation if nothing else.

Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:33 am

ditto on John's experience. I think i'll give Pilot Knob a try next time. Rob Dieners $69 price tag is hard to swallow except if you were doing an exceptional restoration. if he could lower that, business would no doubt improve. just my 2 cents :)

Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:53 pm

Whew! $69.00 IS a bit steep. :shock: :shock:

Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:58 pm

hr's49cub wrote:Whew! $69.00 IS a bit steep. :shock: :shock:

:roll: I agree. Does anybody know what Pilot Knobs prices are?.