This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wannabe Cub owner

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bullfeathers
10+ Years
10+ Years

Wannabe Cub owner

Postby bullfeathers » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:06 pm

Hi,
As a potential new cub owner I have a couple of questions about a Cub Lowboy. I currently own an Allis Chalmers 620 that I use for mowing, snowplowing, etc. It's a great tractor, about the size of a Lowboy, has a Hydrostatic trans., Hyd. lift, 3 pt. hitch etc. but it has no character. My use for the Lowboy will be the same with the addition of some hay rides for the kids, the town Memorial Day parade etc. My question is how is the Lowboy for mowing and snow plowing? How manuverable are the lowboys? I only have 1/2 acre of land to mow so this tractor will be 50% toy and 50% tool. I can't keep both so do guys think a Lowboy will do what I need?
Thanks in advance. Joe

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:15 pm

Welcome to the board! A cub or a lo-boy makes a good mowing tractor and does a great job of plowing snow. I have used mine for both. A half acre is not a lot of room and you will find that the lo-boy is not quite as maneuverable as a lawn tractor is, but, if you don't have a lot of things to mow around it will be OK. Besides, it's a lot more fun to operate than a lawn tractor is.
Take a look at the cub FAQs on ATIS and it will tell you a lot about what the cub can do.

http://www.antique-tractor.com/CubFAQ/cub_faq.html
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:41 pm

Bullfeathers, one word of warning, a cub only weighs aobut 1500 pounds. It doesn't take very many people on a wagon to outweigh you. Trying to stop or start on a hill can get interesting.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:10 am

The Loboy (with a good engine) will do a great job mowing. I say "good engine" because they only have about 10 hp and one with low compression will struggle. My Loboy runs great and handles the Woods 59" mower well. As for plowing snow, the Loboy will push snow all day with the 5' blade as long as you use chains. Not only do I clear my driveway, I clear a skating rink on the lake, too. Lots of fun! Good luck...
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Return to “Farmall Cub”