Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:06 pm

johnbron wrote:George, With the extra wide rear-end and now adding extra width with the duelies does that pose a problem with it fitting on your trailer :?: .

Nah! I can haul the dually H that is about 8' 10". Probably not legal, though.

It may be a little difficult getting it inside the Cub compartment of the MH.

You made me run out and check... I have less than an inch to spare!

Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:57 pm

Inner is set to minimun width and outer is set to maximum. I used longer bolts... 1/2 x 1 1/4 SAE.

Do your longer bolts have the tapered shoulders like the originals??

Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:47 am

l0 wrote:Inner is set to minimun width and outer is set to maximum. I used longer bolts... 1/2 x 1 1/4 SAE.

Do your longer bolts have the tapered shoulders like the originals??

No, and I don't think it will be a problem. I could easily run nuts tightly on 1 1/2 bolts and cut a tapered shoulder on the nuts, but I don't think it will be necessary.

Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:21 am

George: do you think the weight added in the cargo bay of the MH is a problem with handling? :?:

I've been looking at those RV trailers with the cargo space, and they might be ok for a couple of dirt bikes or an atv / golf cart. but not a 2500# tractor.

Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:36 am

artc,

I had a 35' Alpha Toyhouse 5th wheel. I used to haul dirt bikes with it. On numerous occasions I had 9 dirt bikes loaded in it at around 225 lbs each plus gear. The trailer also had a 100 gal fresh water tank.

The trailer handled very well and except for the added weight you wouldn't know it was there. 8)

Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:43 am

artc wrote:George: do you think the weight added in the cargo bay of the MH is a problem with handling? :?:

I've been looking at those RV trailers with the cargo space, and they might be ok for a couple of dirt bikes or an atv / golf cart. but not a 2500# tractor.

Art,

I really don't think so... but I haven't done it yet. I expect I'll have to put jack stands under the loading ramp just to be sure I don't bend it. So far, I've only hauled the golf cart (and enough other stuff to fill the compartment)

Unlike a trailer, this is a 1 1/2 ton truck (F-450/V10) with the rear axle moved back.