This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Belly mower and front grader blade

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Joker555
10+ Years
10+ Years

Belly mower and front grader blade

Postby Joker555 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:30 pm

I have a 69 & 71 cub. I want to use one for grass cuttin,and the other for farming. I have the 69 set up and working for cuttin with a small belly mower. I still need to refirb my 71,and would like to put a front mount grader,and the draw bar on rear for farming.
I was wondering what would be the best set up for the two.
The front blade,like the one shown in BIG DOGS pics of the cubarama,is the one that I have,but some of the parts on it are frozen.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :lol: :?:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:20 pm

Joker:

Welcome to the Cub Family and the greatest Forum on the NET :!: :D

Mmmm, a 69 and a 71 :!: Lucky guy you :!: And you have come to the right place. The guys here are awesome and have so much knowledge and experience and are very willing to share. I know they have helped me immensely and this is the reason I actually know how to use my Cubs :roll: :!: :lol:

Frozen parts are not a problem, especially if you have access to some water, some re-bar or other expendable steel, a 45 gallon plastic barrel and some TSP :roll: :D :idea:

If you visit this link: Rudi's Electrolysis Tank, you will find instructions for making one.

I have an original McCormick Deering Leveling and Grader Blade - 47 model, which sat outside on a series of pallets for over 40 years. I have taken most of it apart, and what I cannot take apart has been sitting in my tank over the last couple of weeks, one piece at a time.

Almost ready for primer! The parts I do not have, are currently being made, so I should have my blade up and ready for the winter plowing season!

Enjoy playing with your toys, and the guys will probably be able to answer any of your questions.

Oh, might I suggest that you have a read on this: New Members and Visitors, Please READ. Lots of info plus links to really good stuff.

Again, welcome :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Joker555
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Joker555 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:45 pm

Thanks Rudi!!
I'll try the sites you posted.

The biggest ? I had was what would be the best configuration for the two CUBS to get the best use out of the draw bar,belly mower and the grader.

And of coarse the safest!!

I would prefer to connect the draw bar and the front grader on the same tractor if possible to use at the same time for plowing and leveling.

I have a set of choppers,a cutting wheel,and a plow to go with the draw bar. :{_}:

Joker555
10+ Years
10+ Years

Front grader

Postby Joker555 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:48 pm

Hey guys,
Don't mean to bring this post up again,but I would like any suggestions?

I have a 69 & 70 or 71 cub.

I have the 69 running and working with a woods belly mower.

I would like to get the other working with a front grader blade, and a draw bar in the back to attatch a plow,row choppers,and single blade cutter.

Is it possible to connect the 2 @ the same time?

The 2 meaning front grader blade,along with the rear draw bar.

I would think it would work,as long as I did not have the implements attatched to the draw bar when I lowered the front end???

I really enjoy my CUBS and I want to get the most use out of the both of them!!
THANX!!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:23 pm

Joker, you will need some way to support the blade when using the lift for the rear attachments. also I think the blade brace and the sickle mower mounts may conflict. Better buy another cub. :D
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:29 pm

Joker 555:

By utilizing the substitute draw bar as found in the Implement and Part Sketches section on the server, you could then mount the Blade in either the front or belly position and still have the rear drawbar.

That is the reason I had a substitute drawbar made for my blade. I want the rear drawbar so I can still use my Cub to haul trailers/wagons around whilst the blade is on.

As John said, you might have difficulty adding some implements as the mounting pads may be occupied. Course you would also have to have a way to use the touch control for the rear rockshaft without the blade interferring. Possibly using chains mounted to the mounting pads on the torque tube.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:35 pm

To hold up the blade when it is center mounted is easy. Just get a couple chain hooks with large enough holes for a 5/8 bolt to go through them and bolt to the implement pads. One problem using a cub plow is that the drawbar has to be moved to the front nounting holes and face forward. Pretty much eliminates leaving the belly mount blade in place.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:02 pm

Yeah, that too :!: :roll: :oops: :roll: :lol:

Return to “Farmall Cub”