This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Changing Oil Filter

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
David
10+ Years
10+ Years

Changing Oil Filter

Postby David » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:01 pm

Hi All

I am changing my oil/oil filter for the first time on my 48 Cub. Seems like a stupid question, but is it possible to remove the oil filter without removing the fuel tank above? Seems real tight, when I just took a look at it. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Yep

Postby allenlook » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:09 pm

Yes, believe it or not, you can change the oil filter w/out removing the hood.

I changed mine a few weeks ago (took it on and off a few times while I was messing around with it) And, as I recall, it was easiest to raise the bolt first (without the top filter cap), and tilt it towards the engine and up under the hood cowling. Then once it cleared the top of the filter housing I could lift off the cap and fish the filter out with the bolt.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:17 pm

There is a nipple hanging down in back of the filter with a cap on it. Take the cap off and drain the filter body as well as the oil pan. Of course remember to put the cap back on before you restart. I didn't one time, what a mess in a hurry.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”