Visiting at Cubarama

Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:27 pm

I had a great time visiting with everyone at Cubarama, and as most of you know, I love to talk. I also want to apologize to anyone I didn't appear to recognize. I have been having a severe memory problem the last 3 or 4 years, especially putting names and faces together, and was beginning to worry about the possibility of Alzheimers. I went to the Dr. last week and after an exam he sent me for a C.T. Scan last Friday morning, which is the reason I arrived so late that day. I got the results of the scan back Monday. It seems my memory problems are the results of some strokes suffered at sometime in the past. Most likely when I was in a coma for a week and a half after a stomach stapling operation that didn't go well about 4 years ago. The Dr. prescribed a medicine that is given to Alzheimers patients for my memory and blood thinner as a preventive for more strokes. So far the memory seems to be improving. The good news is that there are no indications of Alzheimers, either from his clinical observations or the scan. Thanks for everyones understanding.

Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:44 pm

Glad you have such a good report.
I know what you mean about not being able to put names and faces together. It leads to some strange situations.
Bill

Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:49 pm

Well that is good news.I forget things all the time but I call it some/timers,for a better term. :wink: :)

Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:26 am

When I was very young I had made a very first date with a girl. When I knocked on the door her mother opened it and I said is what's her name at home.

Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:44 pm

Jim Hudson wrote:When I was very young I had made a very first date with a girl. When I knocked on the door her mother opened it and I said is what's her name at home.
First and last date both the same night?