This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Problem with Fast Hitch Mott Flail Mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigschuss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01256
Tractors Owned: 1984 JD 990
1953 JD 40S
1973 JD 300 Snowmobile

Problem with Fast Hitch Mott Flail Mower

Postby Bigschuss » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:59 am

I just brought home a new Cub that came with a Fast Hitch Mott flail mower. When I hooked it up, the mower drive shaft that connects to the PTO shaft came up about 6 or 8 inches short. It wasn't even close to being long enough. I thought perhaps the shaft was flexible in its length to accomodate for the change when raising and lowering the implement, but it seemed to be a fixed length. Is this shaft supposed to be able to adjust in length, or do I have the wrong one? Thanks in advance from a beginner.
Blair Mahar
Savoy, MA

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:11 am

Take a good look at that shaft. It should be a 2 piece shaft that allows for changes in length caused by raising and lowering the mower. It may be stuck.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Randy 64 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Randy 64 Cub » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:17 pm

I'm jealous. I have been looking for a fast-hitch flail mower for over a year. :D
-Finesse is choosing the right size hammer.

-As soon as something is made idiot-proof they make a better idiot.

CaptPaulret
10+ Years
10+ Years

Mott fast hitch flail mower

Postby CaptPaulret » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:40 pm

Last winter I found a Mott fast hitch flail mower in a salvage yard. as Big Dog stated it has a 2 piece pto drive to compensate for the up/down of the hydraulic lift. I have used it all summer and really like the results.
Capt. Paul Ret.
Oswego, NY

Return to “Farmall Cub”