Grader blade

Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:16 pm

I installed a grader blade on the front of my 1957 lo-boy.
I bolted the blade to the front of the tractor using the original manual for the blade.
The whole job went together very well.
My tractor has hydraulic tough control

The problem I am having is that the hydraulics does not throw the arm of the blade enough to raise the blade.

On the hydraulic rockshaft, the L shaped lifting lever does not go forward enough.
The lifting lever moves form 10 o’clock to 2 o’clock.

Is there any way to adjust the rockshaft to throw the lifting lever more to the front of the tractor?
Or did I screw something up. The install looks the same in the book as it does on the

Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:21 pm

There must be a rash of this going on tonight! :)

Check out this post:

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5089

Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:29 pm

Everyone is getting ready for the snow to start flying.

Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:00 pm

Ghost, any chance of posting some pictures of your setup, maybe someone can see what the problem is.

Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:16 am

Could be that you installed a standard Cub blade on a LoBoy? LoBoys are 8" shorter, and that's about the height I'd expect a standard Cub to lift a blade, though I don't have a blade for mine yet.

Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:19 am

Matt, I'm not sure a standard blade would even fit on a lo-boy. If it does, the mounting brackets have to nearly drag the ground.

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:18 am

Nobody said the brackets WEREN'T practically dragging on the ground...

The engine and front bolster castings, and hence the mount points, are the same, so a standard Cub blade would theoretically fit on a LoBoy. It just wouldn't lift.

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:32 am

I will take a picture of my set up when I get home tonight.
I bought the blade from JP salvage a year ago, I was told that it was for a lo-boy.
How could I tell if I have the wrong blade?

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:49 am

Easiest way is the bracket that hangs down form the front bolster. On a low boy it only extends down aobut 5 or 6 inches, but on a standard cub it is about 10 inches. Note, those are estimates, not actual measurements.

Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:27 pm

Ghost,

Go to http://www.tmtractor.com and look at the Implement Hookups in the Gallery. There are several pictures there that may help you.