This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mower Help

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
KYMike
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby KYMike » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:27 am

Well guys, seems there's a washer between the overrunning clutch and the cap. Thought I had all the parts but when I went to reinstall the overrunning clutch pully theres a space between the cap and the pulley so I have to assume there's a missing washer. Anyone have the benefit of a parts manual for a C-2 mower? I checked the user manual (http://www.cleamcomputes.com/cub) but it does not have a parts listing.

Thanks-
'53 Cub - You can make a small fortune in farming, provided you start with a large one.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:52 am

The listing for the cap shows:

Cap with pin, clutch retainer
- Pin, 3/16 x 1/2 HV coiled spring
- Screw, 3/8-16 x 1-1/4 CD or ZN-pltd hex-hd cap
- Washer 3/8 CD or ZN-pltd med lock

So it looks like there was a lock washer on the bolt but no flat washers involved. If it is a wear question, you might want to try adding a flat washer. If you do, make sure the clutch will ratchet properly after you put it together. It may require some amount of free play for it to work right.

Also, here is a comment along the line of John's point on whether the bolt loosened causing the noise. Since you have the head end of the old bolt, you should ba able to stack up the parts on the broken end. See how much of the remaining bolt sticks through the parts. If more thicks out than would reach where the other broken end was, it must have been loose. Does that make sense? Easier to do than explain.

KYMike
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby KYMike » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:02 pm

Jim, thanks for your help. Based on what you said I went ahead and fired her up and low and behold she cuts just fine!

No rattle or anything! Just smoothly cut grass now. I have to admit the C-2 does a pretty good job and the govener on the cub works suprizing well. I did get a little overheating (some antifreeze leaking out of the overflow tube) but no power losses. I still need to fix the engine "seeking" when not under load but everything is operational at this time.

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

Mike-
'53 Cub - You can make a small fortune in farming, provided you start with a large one.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:14 pm

KYMike wrote:I did get a little overheating (some antifreeze leaking out of the overflow tube) but no power losses.

More likely overfilling than overheating. Once the surplus is pushed out, it will probably be OK.

Return to “Farmall Cub”