New Member Intro

Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:13 pm

Guess I jumped the gun on posting here a bit without the proper introduction.

My wife and I run a small farm here in Southcentral Kentucky breeding dairy goats (La Manchas), chickens and gamebirds and whatever else wonders onto the property. We only have a few acres so I thought a cub would be about right for maintaining the dirt roads, clearing the underbrush in our timber area, plowing the garden, etc.

I found one locally for a good price that came with a mower, too (although I'm not too hot about the mower at the moment). Here's a couple shots of her:

It's running okay with just a couple things that need attention but today when I tried cutting the lawn she threw the mower shaft pulley. So I get to jump into cub maintenance with both feet. LOL

Hope to see ya all around.

Mike

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:21 pm

:P Hey Mike, Thats a fine looking Cub ya`got there. I like that fancy seat & I noticed also that her feet are spread wide for good stability.

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:53 pm

Hi Johnbron:

Yeah, I have to admit she's seems pretty stable, even in tight turns. The seat seems okay but I think the original bucket might fit my big posterior better. :lol:

Nice to meet ya.

Mike

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:29 pm

You have the best mower for a Cub to mow the grass in those pictures. I like that roller in the front center. I think I will add one of those.

Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:35 pm

That's good looking cub. I think you will find these cubs easy to work on.

Welcome.

Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:03 pm

Nice looking Cub. What is the mesh behind the headlight for ? It must be a modification. :wink: :wink:

Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:08 pm

KYMike wrote:The seat seems okay but I think the original bucket might fit my big posterior better. :lol: Mike
I had a similiar one on my 48 for a while when I was having back problems, but as soon as I was able I replaced it with the original pan seat. It definitely fit my backside better.

Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:14 pm

Welcome Mike,

You've come to the right place to find Cub info. It's so much fun bet you can't own just one :!: :!: 8)