This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Howard Despeeder

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Howard Despeeder

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:51 pm

There have been discussions from time to time about the Despeeder that is used to slow down the cub when using the Howard Rotavator, so I thought I would post a couple pictures while I had my left final off. First is a picture of how it looks mounted without the fender in the way.

And what the inside looks like. Unfortunately there is not a lot too see at this point, and I did not feel like taking it off and tearing it apart for show and tell. Behind the plate are 3 spider gears, and when the center hub slides out it releases the direct drive and engages the spider gears to cut the speed in about half. The differential really gets a work out when it is engaged. It also makes the cub push to the right when it is engaged. It is not noticeable unless you are on soft ground though.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”