This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ouch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
David D. smith
10+ Years
10+ Years

Ouch

Postby David D. smith » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:33 pm

When I got Cub #3 it was missing the choke rod and the arm on the carb choke shaft. The rod I fabricated using the rod off of #2 cub, it was easy to duplicate. I went to our local Case NH dealer, They did not have the arm in stock but could order it. I asked the price, are you sitting. $44.00 plus tax. I did not order it. I came home and using the arm off #2 cub for measurements I fabricated one out of a piece of 3/8 thick aluminum. It does not look much like the original but it works good.
While at the Case IH dealer I bought a brake pedal return spring. I had nothing even close in my collection of springs. $15.40 including tax. Another ouch. I will have to find something close and cheaper.
Dave <*)))><

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:37 pm

For springs go to your local hardware or farm supply store. They usually have an assortement of springs. May have to use 2 to get the right tension, but brake and clutch return springs are located where they are rarely seen, as evideced by the fact that nobody noticed my modification on Missy to compenste for a stiff clutch.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

ChickenWing
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ChickenWing » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:49 pm

This is exactly why I am running my clutch without a return spring. I make sure to pull it up with my foot, and it stays put just fine. What planet do they make a $16 spring? :roll:

I also made my own choke lever from 1'' aluminum stock from Lowes. Drilled a couple holes, cut a slit, put a tiny bolt through it. No where near $44.

Now I have to remember where I put that choke rod.... Oh well, I've never had to use it yet anyway.

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

$%#@!

Postby allenlook » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:45 am

That's outrageous!

Mine was slipping, so I put it in a vise and ran a hacksaw down the slot to open it up and allow it to pinch further - glad I didn't need a new one!

Must be made of "unobtanium".
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”