This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ouch I hit a tree

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Ouch I hit a tree

Postby cjpenny89 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:51 am

Well I was out in the trails in the woods using my newly aquired 5' fast hitch yard rake cleaning the leaves off the trails. I was doing this to get to my deer blinds quietly. Well being that it was a new toy I was watching behind me and caught the front right tire on a tree and well the tractor kept pushing and I broke my adjustable steering shaft off at the center where the tow shafts hook up to the steering gear. I also bent the heck out of my steering arm that bolts to the spindle.
It took me forever to figure out how to get it back up to the house.
well I had a nail in my pocket for building a lean-too earlier that day and for some reason I had 2 pair of channel locks in the tool box.
I had just enough room left on the steering gear side to clamp a nail then held up the broken shaft to the nail and clamped the two parts together.
I went slow up to the house and I made it.
Does anyone have any spare parts I can get? Or a complete set of tie rods and steering shaft arm? the steering shaft arm has to be the one that has the single bolt that hold it to the spindle.

ok lesson learned watch where I am going not where I have been!

Chad Penny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:22 am

Tough break cj,

You should be able to get those parts at a tractor wrecker in your area.

Hope you have good luck getting it back in shape.
Just Do It !

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:09 am

Know yow you feel CJ, I had a tree jump out in front of our H about 45 years ago.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”