This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

hydraulics

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kevin
10+ Years
10+ Years

hydraulics

Postby Kevin » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:09 pm

I have a 49 cub with a manual lift.I would like to know if I could add hydraulics to it?they seem expensive so maybe I could buy it piece by piece?my real question is , wil they just bolt on the cub seems to have all the right mountings available on it.how do I know?
thanks
Kevin's 49er

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:17 pm

Yes. Your cub was retrofitted for the "Touch Control" add-on as you can see by the holes. It's possible they are filled with cork now.
Ron

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:22 pm

Kevin,

The system will fit any of the offset Cubs with no problem. They were designed for it. None of it will do you any good until you have it all.

Sometimes the complete systems are offered on eBay and are complete.

If you find one to bid on have someone here look at it to make sure it is complete before bidding, or buy a system from one of several salvage companies that are often mentioned here.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm

Kevin
I bought a parts tractor for $250.00 there was hydraulics on it with lines but no pump.A good working pump is worth $300 to $400 in my area.Plus an overhaul on the system. I am thinking it might be cheaper to buy another Cub with hydraulics. :-:-): :roll: :)
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:03 pm

Kevin, you will probably have to reroute some wiring and rebned control rods. It seems that over the years they adapt new paths and have to be returned to the original ones. If you do find a used one I would suggest you rebuild it before installing it. Gets agravating to have to take it off the second time.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”