This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Decal Tricks

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Decal Tricks

Postby Donny M » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:16 pm

Anyone have a fool (me) proof method of applying decals :?: I don't want to mess up now :!: These are the vinal cut type. 8)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:03 pm

You know what they say... Come up with a foolproof way, the world will come up with a better fool.

Lotsa WINDEX. Float the decal into position, then squegee the liquid out.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:12 pm

Donny I plan to start with one of the smallest decals in the set as kind of a test before doing the large ones. Figure if I screw up might as well get some screw up experience in an inconspicuous place. If Mt.Saint Helens lets out a roar in the near future I will think its Donny making all that noise over a bad decal application. :shock: :shock: :censored:
Then came Bronson

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:19 pm

Leave all the wrinkles on the backing paper.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:51 pm

JB wrote:
If Mt.Saint Helens lets out a roar in the near future I will think its Donny making all that noise over a bad decal application.

Well JB, you should have heard something :evil: I ruined the Radiator Decal. The funny thing is I called Maple/Hunter for a replacement and I asked Jack Maple if there was a trick to putting them on, he said "let your wife do it" :lol: :lol: Then he told me that if I put the regulator on his Cub for him he would put the decals on for me. I'm heading to Indiana tomorrow :!: :lol: :lol: Really (work) :cry:

Matt wrote:
Lotsa WINDEX. Float the decal into position, then squegee the liquid out.

I've seen this done for window film but didn't think it would work for the decals.

Thanks for the info 8)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Decal Tricks

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:54 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:Lotsa WINDEX. Float the decal into position, then squegee the liquid out.
The vinyl decals are adhesive backed, and the normal procedure of using Windex doesn't work with them.

Donny M wrote:Anyone have a fool (me) proof method of applying decals :?: I don't want to mess up now :!: These are the vinal cut type. 8)
My solution was to have Cub-bud do it. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:20 pm

I used to apply new decals on gas pumps a couple of years ago. We used 1 tablespoon baby shampoo(less harsh than windex) to 1 quart water in a spray bottle. We floated the decals and squeeged them like the windex method. Don't touch the decals for a couple of days the will be just fine. This worked really well on complete gas pumps and the cub decals are the same material.

Just my 2 cents.

Willis
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:54 pm

Windex doesn't hurt the adhesive as far as I know.

Water with a little dish soap works just as well.

mopar1949
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mopar1949 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:45 pm

I work for a city garrage before and put on many vinyl decals using windex and a soft bondo spreader. Never had any problems other than air bubbles those can be fixed with swall needle.

Any body know which decals to use for a 48 cub? Is the circle cub or not?
1948 fcub Ser# 56129 with woods mower $350
1968 cub Ser# 231005 still running good $300

Being blessed by God with 2 great kids, a beautiful wife, and 2 cubs.

Priceless!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:52 pm

Mopar:

A 48 is definitely not a Circle Cub. In fact, my 47 s/n 7710 is not a Circle Cub either :cry:

My understanding is that the Circle Cubs are 1947's from 501 to 5500. Jim, Mike or George please correct if the high end is out.

Wish Granny was though :!:

As for the decals they should be the ones that say

McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub. What the stock number is I am not sure, but both Maple-Hunter and Haughholm Books will know. Just tell them your serial number. You can find their contact info on the Cub Manual Server under Specialty Services.
Last edited by Rudi on Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:14 pm

:shock: You were close Rudi but
"International" does not belong on the decal.

Should say McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub.

NOT McCormick-Deering International Farmall Cub.
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:45 pm

JB:
Hmmm - now I wonder where the International came from - that only started with the lo-boys right?

Anyways thanks, it is GONE now :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:58 pm

Hey Donnie,

We use a product here at the shop made by Kwik-Tek called STICKER-ON. Spray in on the surface that is getting the decal, apply the decal, center, and sqeegee dry. I think STICKER ON can be purchased at Wal-Mart. Likewise, a similar product made by the same company called STICKER OFF can be had to remove decals. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:11 pm

It is my understanding that the circle cub was in 47 and the same into 48 untill the decals run out. We have discussed this in great detail over the past several years and come up with no concrete info of just exsactly when they stoped. "Jack" :roll:

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:41 pm

Hey Jack,

While at the Cub-arama this year, all of us in attendence got to see #563 that Mike Tiemann (mltiema) bought from JP Tractor Salvage. We never came to a conclusion about the originality of the decals on it but, it had the hood decals that read "McCormick Deering Farmall Cub". These appeared to be original or this cub got a new paint job and decals early on in it's life.

So the question I guess is there a concrete serial number range to verify how many circle cubs were made :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”