This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Surges under load.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave Irish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Surges under load.

Postby Dave Irish » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:10 am

Hi guys. Long time no post. Well amost made it through the season with out any problems. Pulled the cub out the other day to do some disking the other day. (she had been sitting for a couple weeks). She started fine and idled nice. However pulling the disk engine would surge and I had to constantly play with the throttle to keep her right. I figure soming is off some where between the throttle and the gov. But I thought it best to call on the board for some old cub wisdom for a starting point before I fiddled around too much.

Thanks Dave
" Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:26 am

A parially plugged jet can cause surging.

Dave F.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Dave (69 Low Boy)

Postby Dave F. » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:50 pm

Dave (69 lowboy) I see you are from Doswell Virginia. I go through Doswell acouple a times a year I have an brother inlaw that live's at Beaver Dam off of New Market mill Rd. Dave F.

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:14 pm

Dave F.
I just got back from Beaverdam, I hauled a cub cadet back to a relative who lives there.
I've got to figure out how to talk him out of it, it is a 1965 model 70 and it looks like a miniature version of my cub, they look so darn neat sitting next to each other....

Return to “Farmall Cub”