This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

all back together.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DANWV
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 26719

all back together.

Postby DANWV » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:38 pm

Well I put it all back together today (Transmission and clutch).
Had to make a new bushing for the input/pto shaft connection.
Found a good pto shaft from a local fellow that has a lot of Farmall stuff.
Had to bore the input shaft to clean up the hole so I had to make a bushing for it.
Put it all back together and the noise is gone. I guess it was in the bushing area. It was worn pretty badly.
I did notice one thing as I was reassembling the gear box. The shifter fork for 1st and rev. is riding on the input shaft. I don't think this would be normal would it?
I took it back out and tried to put a little more bend in the area where the bolt goes through and it did help but not enough.
So I took it back out and used a small grinder to remove some of the fork metal where it was riding the shaft and I got it pretty good I think but it still is very close.
Has anyone else had this problem?
If so how do you remedy it?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”