This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Travel speed on hydraulic touch control assembly ???

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Travel speed on hydraulic touch control assembly ???

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:01 pm

I am wondering COULD there be something wrong with my touch control assembly?

I've noticed the other day that when you pull the contol lever back towards yourself, the piston moves in rather (a lot) slow, BUT when you move the lever towards the front (towards the dash) the piston moves out very rapid.

Since I've had this all off and torn apart, I am wondering if somehow I got something back together wrong. OR, is there an adjustment for the overall travel speed?

I can see with some implements, like a mower deck, it would be fine to lower the deck at a slower rate and raise it back up with a rapid rate. However on something like a snow blade, I would think one would want to raise and lower at a faster pace. (This is only a guess on my part, maybe not)

Is there something that I have put back together wrong and overlooked or is this working the way it was designed? IF, this is the way it's designed, that's fine. I just don't want to cause any damage to the pump or touch control.

The piston/rocker assembly has what seems like good power both ways and doesn't appear to have any delay from when you move the control lever and no herky-jerkyness, in other words, everything is nice and smooth

I don't think there could be any air trapped in the system. The lines to and from the pump were clean (along with the pump) and all the passageways in the assembly was free from any dirt, crud or sludge. I installed a new rebuild kit from IH, along with a new pick-up screen/strainer.

The only other thing I can think of is, I used "Turbo-32" hydraulic oil. Not really sure if this is the "correct" type of oil to use or not. What is actually recommended? I know I saw it someplace on here.

Like always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

J. Niekamp

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:11 pm

Go to the touch control blue ribbon manual on Rudi's server and look at condition 6.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”