Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:01 pm

Plum Pretty and sitting on pretty property.

Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:11 am

Donny, Great job! How about I send you a special decal to put on it? Don't pay any attention to the "Locator Beacon" markings on the package. :D :D :D :D

Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:40 am

Donny
Very nice job,I know you must be proud of the job you did.Did you use stainless steel bolts ? I like the contrast with them. 8) :)

Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:47 am

Congrats...You gave done a great job. Looks beautiful. Appreciate the pictures. Thanks.

Almost forgot...When you post pictures like these, always check that box that says to Disable BBCode in this post. Found out that it means Bigdog Beacon. Its a locator code that only he can cipher :wink:

Mike

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:02 pm

Thanks alot fellas, I am quite proud :!:

The paint I used was Martin Senor color # 9954115. I set the wheels to the wide position because I like the looks. The lights do not have lenses because I haven't found any yet and the lenses I have were used for target practice. (Poor shot, not even centered :lol: ) Neither of the two Cubs I bought in Oregon were running. 49-1 also had tranny and final problems. The tractor has been rebuilt from the ground to the (not installed) rain cap. I have sent a picture to the fella in Oregon I bought it from but so far haven't received a reply.

HR,
The Ford is tired after 275K miles, needs a rest. Your employer should be proud of you for the hints :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

And those are not "cows" in the pasture...They are "Watch Bulls" who are not so patiently waiting to turn Bigdog into BigSoreCow if he gets too close :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Thanks again fellas :!: :!: :!: Couldn't have done it without you :!: 8)

Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:13 pm

Donny:

Thanks for the Paint Code for the Red. Have already added it to the master Paint Chart, will upload next time I have other stuff to do.

Question:

What brand/code for the silver on the rims?
What brand/code for the silver on the manifold?

Oh, which model for the muffler? Is it an IH item or aftermarket?

Any other tips/words of wisdom to upload??

Again, you did a bang up BZ job fer sure :!: :!: :D 8) 8) You can come help with Ellie any time you wish to :!: :D

Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:44 pm

Rudi,

I used ZRC Cold Galv. on the rims first, then sprayed them with Dupli-Color Silver. Both paints were in rattle cans. The manifold was painted with Premium Decor High Heat Spray #PD-1550 Aluminum, also in rattle can.

Got the muffler from Carter & Gruenewald. It came in a Case/IH box but no IH stamp on the muffler itself. 8)

As for words of wisdom...well you know :wink: 8)

Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:09 pm

Great job Donny! I like the ag tires on the front. 8)

Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:40 am

ditto on the above comments... terriffic job :!: :!: 8)
Primer Pete has his wheels turned out front and back, too. same reason, I like it that way!

be sure to keep one Cub in working clothes, that one's too pretty to dirty up :)
Last edited by artc on Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:40 am

oops, double clicked it. just trying to get to 501 quicker :lol: :wink:

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:55 am

artc wrote:be sure to keep one Cub in working clothes, that one's too pretty to dirty up :)
Missy looked to good to get dirty when I got her back from Cubbud, however I had no choice, I couldn't afford a 3rd one.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:02 am

Great job! I especially like the rear tires--would be thrilled to find a good set of 11.2-24's (old 10-24) like that for my Super A........

Al

Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:24 pm

:D you did a great job on the tractor it looks awesome
I really like the tires . Where can I locate a front tire like those?
:D

Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:36 pm

Kevin,

I bought the front tires here: http://www.millertire.com/
8)

Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:43 pm

How do they ride on various ground/roadways? I have heard they are rather rough riding.