Cub dash

Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:22 pm

On all 3 of my cubs dashes to the right of the amp meter there is a knock out for another gauge. Is this a optional position for the oil pressure gauge? It is a pain in the neck to lean over to see the gauge mounted on the oil filter canister.

Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:53 pm

I've seen oil pressure gauges placed there. So I assume that was an option 8)

Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:49 pm

David:

That is exactly what I did. I got real tired real quick leaning over to see the oil pressure guage. Sooo - it is now in the dash.

One problem though. I ended up using the oil pressure guage from a H or an M (partsman would know which one) as it is dash mountable. The Cub one isn't from what I can see there is no way to make it so.

If someone has an idea how to do that I would appreciate.

Granny is next in line for an oil pressure guage relocation - need another guage from an H.

Now here is a really dumb question. How do you knock out the know out plug????? Ellie's was already missing, but Granny's is still there :roll:

Rudi

Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:01 pm

I don't know what the dealers use to remove the plug. If I have a hole saw that size, I would use that If not I would try a fly cutter.

Did you recieve the manual?

Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:04 pm

You cna just knock it outlike you do an electrial box.

Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:15 pm

David:

Good idea. No haven't received it yet. Will let you know as soon as I get it. Many thanks.

John:

It will just pop out? What are the chances of deforming the dash??

Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:28 pm

Pretty good if you ask me look at my sign off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill

Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:40 pm

On my 2 '48's, the amp meter is on the right and the left side is blank :?: . The only thing I have ever seen installed in the blanked hole on either side, is the headlight control switch, on later Cubs always on the right, and on one a dealer installed cigarette lighter.

Chris

Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:56 pm

:roll: My amp guage is on the left and my weird touch-control setup has the t/c control linkage rod going through the right side dash guage hole. :shock:

Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:31 pm

Rudi wrote:John:

It will just pop out? What are the chances of deforming the dash??
I have done 2 of them, and had no problem. I did lay them on a block with an opening in the middle so it was supported all around the hole, but they both were only actually attached at 2 small points, though they looked solid.

Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:35 pm

John:

Excellent. Now I just gotta get David to find me another oil pressure guage and I will be all set!

Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:53 pm

John I have seen a few expression af yours from time to time and wonder if there isa a tartan in your ansestors.

Bill

Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:30 pm

http://www.oemtractorparts.com will make a dash-mountable cub oil pressure for ya

Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:43 pm

beaconlight wrote:John I have seen a few expression af yours from time to time and wonder if there isa a tartan in your ansestors.

Bill
50% English, 50% French, and 100% Hillbilly.

Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:08 pm

I moved my ammeter to the left hand knock-out and the oil guage to the right hand knock-out. It is easier to see this way, and also a lot easier to run the oil line to the guage from the filter housing.

John:

50% French - 50% German -- not sure what that makes me except breathin :!: :lol: