Plow day pictures

Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:55 pm

Steve Buttram sent me some pictures from a plow day today. Enjoy the pictures, it looks like Steve enjoyed himself.

Last edited by Bigdog on Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:34 pm

I like the dual on the up hill side.
Bill

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:37 pm

I'm not seeing the photos

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:49 pm

I see them and am using netscape.
Bill
Last edited by beaconlight on Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:51 pm

If you can't see them directly, try this link.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/steveb05/album?.dir=/afcc&.src=ph&.tok=phPwUBCBxY8CTs7B

Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:52 pm

Thanks Bigdog. I see them now.

Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:43 pm

Thanks Bigdog For posting the pix. I included the pix of the Allis G because I knew George Willer would get some pleasure in seeing that . I watched him make a few passes it did suprisingly well for it's size. Had some wet spots and had so much power I had to ride the left brake to get Traction. People continue to be impressed with the ability of the cub. But I had to make 3 pass for every 1 pass of the WD45s. Steve

Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:50 pm

Bigdog,

Thanks for sharing the pics. This is the second time I have seen the use of duals on the left side of a cub while plowing. The other was on a cub with a mid-mounted disk plow installed.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:07 am

Why would the operator use two rear wheels and the left side of the cub and only one wheel on the right side? I love looking at stuff such as this!
John

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:43 am

John - The dual wheels on the landside of the tractor serve several purposes. They will reduce soil compaction, increase traction and flotation. Probably not really necessary where a cub is concerned but definitely on the larger tractors.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:06 am

Thanks Steve and BD. Looks like you had a great time. I see you changed the grill on your tractor too.

Mike

Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:04 am

Would the side not in the furrow be known as the off side?

Bill

Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:06 pm

I am having a small traction issue with my Farmall A. I was wondering if I just added a seconded wheel weight to the landside would this help or should I just add a dually?

Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:28 pm

Either one will improve things, though you probably should add weight to both wheels at the same time to keep the tractor from becoming unbalanced.

Great pictures! I especially like the fact that no two rears are the same on that cub :D

Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:19 pm

farmallcub49 wrote:I am having a small traction issue with my Farmall A. I was wondering if I just added a seconded wheel weight to the landside would this help or should I just add a dually?

If your soil drains well, I'd add the weight first. If you're dealing with damp, marshy ground then the dual wheel will probably be more advantageous.