IH Auction

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:13 pm

Blocks are well coated with cosmoline. Going to get one of the neighbor boys to help put mine on the shelf for a year or two, maybe by then I will be able to redo my 48 my self. If not I may be looking Bud up again. :D
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby WJ » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:54 pm

Hi Guys,

Did anyone see what that BRASS TACK on page one of the sale bill brought???
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.
WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:56 pm

Hey John,

I just put you BACK on the list....still a two year waiting period so, about the time you're ready to renew the '48, your turn will be up. :roll: :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman
Cub-Bud
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:02 pm

:shock: Did Mike say he bought a white Demo "C" for 600.00? Some guy's have all the luck" Congrats Mike. I have also orderd one of them there blocks, Just can't seem to hook up with Justin in time" And he's here in MN.
Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:40 pm

I was outside watching equipment sell while the memorabelia(?) was selling inside, but think I heard someone say about 8,000, though I found that a little hard to believe. Maybe soemone that was with Mike M. remembered.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby nosih » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:44 pm

The brass tack sold somewhere around $2200, & the large diameter century of the reaper coin set sold for $3000...
nosih
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:18 pm

I do not know if the big "Coins" truly brought $3,000.
The winning bidder was one of the National Directors and he bought the "Coins" for the exact same price as Darrell Darst said he thought they would bring. LOL I think the price was prearranged.
I had never seen an auction with so much monkey business.
There sure were a lot of phantom bids going on and the bid pickers were the worst I had ever seen. You could have one of the pickers take your bid 4 times and come to find out you were never in the running.
I wasn't alone thinking this auction company was a little funny.
When I went to pay my bill half of the things I bought were priced at the next higher bid that they did not get.
There were a bunch of us that bitched.
If I am ever at another sale with these guys I will tape the auction on the items I bid on and then call the state of Missouri. :-)
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.
Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:42 am

I used to live in that area and learned to watch Nordwald's auctions very closely, though they didn't seem to be as bad Saturday as they used to. People in that area are known for trying to "put it to" newcomers or outsiders. Learned that the hardway.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:14 pm

If Norwald is that bad and has that type of reputation, why does the IHCC associate itself with them :?: :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman
Cub-Bud
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby nosih » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:16 pm

I checked my reciepts from the auction, and there was one item they charged me the next highest bid above the final bid. As for another auction company, the auctioneer that has been used quite frequently in the past (I won't name) is just as bad. I have had more bad experiences with them. I am glad that the IHCC used a local auctioneer at this auction, and I hope that they only use auctioneers that are local to the sight of future IHCC events that have auctions.
nosih
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:23 pm

I suspect the people who encouraged using Nordwald are from that area originally and have never received the "outsider" treatment, or may not even realize it exists. I've been gone from that area for about 18 years, but the newcomer/outsider treatment was given by about 2/3 of the people and businesses in that area. Per example, I bought a place about 2 miles from the town of Hawk Point, and the bank required it to be surveyed before they would finance it, which is common. The surveyor charged $500 to come out and mark the corners. I later found out from a neighbor that this same surveyor had surveyed it 1 1/2 years ago for the previous owner and spent about 30 minutes with a metal detector finding the posts they had put down, but charged for a full survey.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:11 pm

If you've ever read Roger Welsch's book about horse trading, that is the attitude people in the Lincoln County area (Troy) seem to have toward auctions.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Previous

Return to Farmall Cub