YTMag Down???

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:42 pm

Is ytmag down for service or just having one of those computer hiccups?

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:44 pm

It's down, but not intentionally - I think. :(

Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:49 pm

I don't know if I can make it through the night, the shakes have started!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:04 pm

I had trouble with it earlier today....around 4:30-5:00 P.M.

Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:23 pm

Yup, same here. It is still down.

Ytmag's farmall forum has been experiencing some very strange hiccups and glitches over the last few weeks. Kim has been trying to solve them (at least the ones I emailed her about), and the server may have crashed.

With luck it will be up shortly.

Re: Ytmag

Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:39 am

Still Down I dont know what to do with my self. And its snowing like crazy out. Well I mite as well ask a ? here. Does a 51 F cub Hydrolics suposed to have a float or is it just up or down? I f any of you guys plows snow whats the best way to set it up on the controll with the little screw stopper thingy. JON

Position control

Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:57 am

Jon, The 51 should have position control. Under the seat on the right hand side is a small lever that give position control or draft control. With the lever in the up (vertical) position you should have position control. If not the cam follower pin is probably worn.
Another place to find out is.
http://WWW.Ntractorclub.com
Zane Sherman the Ford tractor hydrolics guru is a member.

Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:54 am

I believe David's descrition is for the fast hitch draft control for plowing. They hydalic system itself is up, down, hold, no float. Such things as a plow, etc. were floated by using a chain to lift.

Dave Smith

Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:01 am

John, The Ford Ferguson system is totally diffrent than what IH used. The system will float up. If you want it to stay at a certin position you have to use stay bars. Then you have no up or down control. It can be a pain at times. such as when you have a trailer on the draw bar. If you put a lot of wieght on the back end of the trailer over balancing it, the draw bar will raise.

Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:27 am

Sorry, I missed the /ford Ferguson part, I thought he was talking about a Cub.

Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:40 am

No John, I was talking about a cub where is this Hold you are talking about is that somewhere in the center.It doesnt seem to matter I move it up it goes up down is down I dont see it unless hold is when you leave it in any position and it stays there. JON

Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:58 am

That's exactly what he means. Hold means it stays in whatever position you put it.

There is no float on a Farmall Cub.

re

Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:32 pm

Sorry, My mistake. My eyes weren't fully onened yet this morning. I thought Jon was talking about a 51 Ford.