Cub Hayride

Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:47 pm

Haloween weekend we had a hayride for the Grandkids and their parents. This was the first time since I bought my 1957 Cub Lowboy last spring that I had an chance to put the Cub to work. So I was a little apprehensive. My Cub ran flawlessly and everyone had a ball. Not bad considering it was pulling over 2000lbs for over an hour. Everyone had a great time and wanted to keep going. Even my wife appreciates the Cub a little more now. She teases me that I spend more time out in the garage hugging the Cub than I do with her. Anyway, this will become at least an annual even for us. So far I've rebuilt the front axle, put in new rear axle and PTO seals / gaskets, brakes, made drawbar brackets, replaced the floorpan, battery box, rebuilt the carburator, and restored the fenders, front grill, seat, and wheels. I plan on completing the restoration this winter, but I'm getting the urge to hook up the snowplow to see how it performs. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:57 pm

Sounds like a fun week-end Tom. I'm glad you had enjoyed your cub. Remember to stay safe on those hayrides!

Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:55 pm

Sounds like you had a great time. Just remember that at 2000 pounds the trailer had your cub outweighed by about 400 . Be careful of hills and such.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:15 pm

Tom:

Sounds like you had a grand old time and enjoyed the quality Seat Time :!: :D

Do not have any trepidations about plowing snow with your Cub. I do it all the time up here in NB, and it is about the most enjoyable thing I do in the winter aside from work on little projects for Ellie or for my wife around the house.

Get out and enjoy winter :!: Ride a Cub :!: :D :lol: