This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Floor Pan

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Floor Pan

Postby Donny M » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:42 pm

I'm thinking about using some of that brush on bed liner for my floor pan. Has any of you had any experience with this stuff :?: Opinions please 8)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Soldner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Soldner » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:07 pm

Donny,
I've used the brush on bed liners on the inside of my toolbox drawers, and it works great for holding my tools in place (had the tool box in a trailer for racing) and it was pretty easy to use, I just recommend stirring very well before use, and tape out the pattern you want. Otherwise great idea! Tell me how it works, i might try that on mine!

Soldner

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:57 pm

Hey Donny,

John Puckett used a non-slip substance on Missy....he will probably post a response. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:30 am

I've used the spray on bed liner on the interior fender wells of a van, and the spray on non slip paint on the floor board of Missy. The bed liner gave, I believe, a more durable coating, but was just a litlle slicker than the non slip, though neither was as slick as the original paint. Either one would work good for the floor board. May even be able to get them in red if you look around a little.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:44 am

I used "Herculiner" brand that has the bits of rubber in it, on the sides, tailgate, and wheel wells of the inside of my truck bed, and like the rough anti skid surface it provides, so far, but I have a rubber mat on the bed floor so, don't know how well it will hold up. However, the rough surface can also collect/trap dust/dirt/mud/etc., enough so that the instructions tell you the procedures to use to clean it. On a "using tractor" it probably would not be a problem and would provide a good anti-slip/traction surface, but on a "show tractor" it might be a problem keeping it looking clean, black and "shiny new" rather than dusty faded gray look it can get when dirty. Other brands that have a smoother surface may not collect/hold as much dirt, but also won't provide as much traction when getting on and off the tractor. One advantage to the brand I used is that it is repairable if damaged - just brush more on, it will stick to itself.

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:38 am

I used some 3" X 24" stick on no skid strips from AW Direct. any truck body place or emergancy vehicle supply store would have them. the 3" width was perfect for the cub, leaving the grooves to show. also used a piece on my step.

clean, neat, and cost only 5 bucks :)
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:39 am

I have a large roll of 3M safety-walk tape that I am going to put strips on the edge and 2-or-3 strips down the center. It is about 1" wide.
Then came Bronson

Return to “Farmall Cub”