Tire chains

Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:20 pm

A while back I inquired if any one had the measurements of tire chains for a cub. I did not get a answer. The guy I bought Cub #3 from droped off a pair for me that he had for this cub. They are the raod type, but the price was right (free) and like new. Before installing them on my cub I measured them. They are exactly 8 feet long including the clasp and 14 1/2 inches inside of the perimiter chains. Just in case any one else is interested.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:24 pm

Thanks for the info David. Perhaps we can get Rudi to list the info on his manual pages.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:41 pm

Good info, Dave. Thanks for the post...............

Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:11 am

Thanks, Dave. I've been watching for that info. Bob Hawley :lol:

Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:25 am

Dave:

Big Dog has a good idea.

I am going to measure mine as well and include the tire size as the chain length will change according to which size is on the rim I would think.

By any chance do you have a pic of them laying out on the floor? Is there a name brand? Not important so much as maybe the pic.

I will take a pic of mine as soon as I put the chains on.

We are currently getting snow - about 1 inch down already, but it probably won't stay yet. This is the second time this week and no accumulation left from the previous. Sooo, my chains won't go on for a while.

And, anybody else out there who has chains, and would like to donate a pic and measurements, that would be wonderful.

:D