IH auction treasures

Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:01 pm

Saw 2 molboard plows sell that had 2 piece points on them. All the ones i'd ever dealt with had a one piece point. One of them came home with me (no depth lever, so it sold cheap).

Also bought a rotay mower (type unknown) that had been modified to use on a cub, but didn't look like a very good setup. I bought it for the new idler pulleys on it. If anyone knows what it fits, or wants it, you can have the rest. It has a serial tag, but the stamped 9 digit serial number is all that's readable, the manufacturer can't be determined.

I also bought a sickle moer that is on the for sale/wanted board.

Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:59 pm

John,

Is that a cadet deck or am I just seeing a similarity? How big is it?

Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:00 pm

What price did the two-bottom plow for the B Farmall fetch :?:

Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:02 pm

I have one similar to that (not quite the same) that has been modified to fit a wide frame cub cadet. It is a Jacobsen.

Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:18 pm

That plow has a "Plow Chief" bottom. They used the two piece share with the Spear-Head point. Came out in the '50s. The Super Chief bottoms came out later, I think the early '60s?

Al

Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:36 pm

Bud, I missed whne that one sold, but will see what I can find out.

Cub49, it looks like a cadet, but not quite. I think Bigdog probably has it correct.

Super A, thanks. there are a lot of the others around here, but that's a new style to me. My old one is pretty badly worn, and I bought that to replace it. May pur my old one up for sale.