This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rudi, Needs Our Prayers

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:08 am

jniekamp wrote:I know in Illinois at our state capital (?sp) (to many years since school) in Springfield, We have a excellent Cardiac center over there and if a person is air-lifted from our emergency room over to them they will do a quad bypass and have that person back home in about 3 days. It's unreal.

When I talked to Rudi I told him it's like a darn assembly line, they go from one person onto the next and so on. It really surprises me that they have such a high success rate moving patients in and out like they do. I would guess most of thses types of cardiac centers run the same way.

But at least in Canada, with their health care plan. The patients don't see some $30,000 bill when all said and done. Like I would would have with my Blue Cross, Blue Shield health insurance policy. Heck a guy just can't really afford to get sick these days. THEN if you die, they still want their money.

Now what I am wondering about in Canada's plan. What if it a matter of life and death? Like Jim Hudson mentioned about his grandson needing a donor liver. We have the transplant list and they will classify the patient to the level of need. How does this work in Canada? Don't the most needy go first?

Speaking of which, after having siter-inlaw (two times) and a real good friend both needing of a donor kidney. Just like what Like Jim said that livers aren't an "unlimited supply"

NOT TO BE PREACHING HERE, but sign your organ donor cards, a lot of states uses the back side of the driver's license. But not only that, let your love one's know what your wishes are, in the case of an unfortunate event. I have seen lving proof, (as many of you have) on how many more years it may give to someone in need of a heart, liver, lungs and other tissues. I have mine signed and everyone knows my exact wishes.

I hope that didn't sound to morbid, or that I benifit in any way from the above.

OK, enough of my opinion.

Get well soon, Rudi

John Niekamp

If Rudi's health changes they will boost him up on the list.
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:39 am

Bruce Sanford wrote:The reason for a waiting in Canada is a shortage of doctors and nurses in Canada. The higher powers in this country have been closing hospitals and bed space.They say it is because the lack of funds, for the system.So what is a life worth? Some older people are on a waiting for a year or two for hip surgery. :)

Thanks, Bruce, we appreciate it. I'm thinking this is the biggest problem with socialized medicine ("national health care"). I wonder how long those who advocate for gov't-sponsored healthcare in this country would put up with that--not long, is my guess.

My prayers and best wishes are with you, Rudi. Hang in there, buddy! We miss you!

Jeff Murdock
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:12 am

Rudi,

Hope you get well fast Before Bigdog deceids to make a road trip up north.My prayers are for you and yours.
God speed.
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

Bob Hawley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44882
Tractors Owned: !949 Farmall Cub

Postby Bob Hawley » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:23 am

Good luck, Rudi. I hope this doesn't sound selfish, it's not meant to be, but we need your input on the forum. Take care of yourself. Your family needs you and we need you. God be with you. Bob Hawley
Bob Hawley

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:05 pm

Mac from NS wrote:If Rudi's health changes they will boost him up on the list.

Mac, this is good to hear, but on the other side of the coin a bitter/sweet option. Meaning that, if it one needs to become more critical and being move up on the list sooner. I guess that I would want to just wait it out and take my turn. I really don't think getting worst would be a good thing.

In either event, I guess it doesn't matter if you live in the US with (overpiriced) health insurance or in Canada with government supplied medical care, there is still some kind of price one must pay. I myself personally hate what I have. I am spending several thousand dollars every year and THANK GOD! neither me or my family has ever really needed to use it. Then on top of it all when you do have a small claim, you have to FIGHT them to pay.

Seeing some of the emails that I have received from Gordon, Rudi is about ready to crawl out of his skin and go nuts, stuck in his hospital room.

Thanks for clearing this up for me MAC, I assumed this would have been the case.

John N

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:42 pm

A very wise, old wizard once said:

"The size of a person's heart is not determined by how much he loves, but by how much he is loved."

I think Rudi's doctors will find that his heart is too big for his body. :wink:

Take care of yourself Rudi, and hang in there. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:54 am

Bud, I agree with that sentiment completely.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Ramon
10+ Years
10+ Years

Where do we send cards?

Postby Ramon » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:24 pm

So what is the correct address to send cards. I would like to send one from the states and it'll probably take a few days. I am keeping Rudi in my prayers.
Thanks guys,
Ramon

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:31 pm

Ramon, I posted Rudi's home address in a post below. Here is a link to it:
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5511

I mailed my card there and figured Em would see that he gets it.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:36 am

jniekamp wrote:
Mac from NS wrote:If Rudi's health changes they will boost him up on the list.

Mac, this is good to hear, but on the other side of the coin a bitter/sweet option. Meaning that, if it one needs to become more critical and being move up on the list sooner. I guess that I would want to just wait it out and take my turn. I really don't think getting worst would be a good thing.

In either event, I guess it doesn't matter if you live in the US with (overpiriced) health insurance or in Canada with government supplied medical care, there is still some kind of price one must pay. I myself personally hate what I have. I am spending several thousand dollars every year and THANK GOD! neither me or my family has ever really needed to use it. Then on top of it all when you do have a small claim, you have to FIGHT them to pay.

Seeing some of the emails that I have received from Gordon, Rudi is about ready to crawl out of his skin and go nuts, stuck in his hospital room.

Thanks for clearing this up for me MAC, I assumed this would have been the case.

John N

John I don't know how everyone can afford to pay that kind of money
every year.I have had a few operations that I wouldn't of been able to
pay for . I have been falling apart over the years and if I needed to go to the hospital today I don't have to worry were the money is coming from.
Yes the gov. pays and some take advantage of it.It not as good as it use to be but we are working on it.
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:19 am

As some of you know my wife is Danish. When her father needed bypass surgery about ten years ago, the government paid to fly her from Arizona to Denmark to be with him as she was his closest. When the waiting list appeared to be too long for him, they paid to fly my father in law and my wife to Malmo, Sweden for the surgery. They also paid for all of my wife's accomodations and meals at a comfortable hotel next to the hospital. Everything went extemely well and everything was covered by the Danish government. I was amazed.

Everyone in Denmark would receive the same excellent treatment regardless of the economic or social status. I think the same is true in Canada, but not in the USA.

The most difficult part of the whole process for Rudi is waiting. Hang in there Rudi.

Mike

mike in ga
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike in ga » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:00 pm

rudi our prayers are with you and your family. god is wonderful, i had a heart problem two years ago and still ticking. get well soon. mike in ga

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:20 pm

mltiema, you are correct, all Canadian citizens enjoy the same access to health-care. Family members don't quite get the cushy treatment offered by the Danish though! :shock: Man,, think how the waiting lists would grow to cover that!!!!
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Return to “Farmall Cub”