This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

MicroFest and an Implement Run

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

MicroFest and an Implement Run

Postby Rudi » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:41 pm

A few months ago, I was given a heads up on a loader that was available in Maine. I posted it on the Vine in the hopes that one of our members would be interested as the chances of me being able to snag this was rather thin. A longish run -- at least 6 hours one way and really not in my fore casted budget for this year. However it didn't generate a lot of interest which surprised me. I was talking to Em one night and asked what she thought about getting a loader to replace me and a shovel and I gave her a ballpark price. When I explained what it was, she said that it might be a great Father's Day present if that was what I wanted. :{_}: So I called and the PO was agreeable on the price and was willing to hold it for me until I could make the run to go get it.

I have been trying to get to Maine for over 3 months now... and as usual, life happens.. family issues, surgeries and other stuff but finally the big day came. So yesterday, very early Em and I headed out. We had been planning to meet Dave, Hope & Kathryn on the trip down, drop some stuff off and maybe spend a bit of time together.. but scheduling didn't work out --- took us too long to get our act together, so we missed them. Found the house again, did what needed to be done and hit the road again. We did manage to meet up with Jeff and Vonla Murdoch (Jeff M) for lunch in Old Town. Great lunch at Governor's --- see Governor's in Maine in the Reviews forum, great company and a rather enjoyable microfest for us. It was great seeing Jeff and Vonla again.. been too long.

After lunch, Em and I headed off to our destination of Jay Maine where the loader was. Took us quite the while to get there. We left Old Town and 3 hours later we got to Jay. I hadn't seen any pics of this loader so with anticipation and trepidation I jumped out of the van and met the PO.

After walking through his wooded storage area for a bit.. many interesting items there including a M, a Cub, a couple A's, a couple Super A's plus a lot of implements. Dan dabbles as a hobby I guess buying and selling tractors and implements. Interesting items he has collected.

You can just see the loader coming up the pathway .. being hauled by a JD something or other with an interesting Woods backhoe on the back :D

Still not sure what variety loader this is, but there are only some minor problems with it.. seems to be complete and has a Serial # tag on it.. that needs to have the numerous layers of paint stripped to be legible. That is a project for this week.. will update with the model when I figure it out. Seems some of the parts have previous PO modifications as well. Oh it is a 38" +/- bucket. This is going to be a fun project methinks. For what I paid for it, it is a real deal :!:

This was a great day outing for us. We should have really stayed over I guess. We left at 0700 from our house and got home at 0230 so it was a long day.. but one we got to spend together so it was well worth the drive.

Thanks again to Jeff and Vonla for making the day even better.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Re: MicroFest and an Implement Run

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:59 am

Jeff and Vonia are nice folks, I'm sure you had a nice visit. Sorry you missed Dave, Hope, and Katherine. I always enjoy their company, at Cecil's cubfests. Don't get too excited, about the loader, though. When Em finds out how much work it can do, you may get put out with the trash, along with the wheelbarrow, and shovel! Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Boy was it warm today.. mid 80's - 34C and a humidex of 40C -- 104F .... so didn't do a whole lot of hard work, putzed ... and one of the things I putzed with was the loader trying to determine which loader it is. There is a serial number tag on the loader but the model and serial number itself is unrecoverable. But.. it definitely is a Henderson loader and appears to be the Farmall Cub version. It was on an A apparently so I have a feeling that there are some parts that may be missing or have been modified. Soooo...

Who all out there has a Henderson Loader :?:

This seems to be the loader that I may have but there are differences..

Page 2

Page 4

Page 5

Ray and I are pretty sure that we can build whatever is needed. The three breaks are easy fixes. The triangle braces in the pics above are not on my loader... but it is a trip loader. (gonna have a cylinder soon though) :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:19 pm

I have 2 of them. :D
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:32 pm

I have one and I believe Bud who Hosts CI with Steve B has one.

Mine

Here is a link to my website with some pix of Bud's loader. http://savethecub.com/cubfests/2008/ci/hendersonloader.htm
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:50 pm

Bill:

That one looks very much like mine. Seems what appeared to be a PO fabrication is actually part of the bucket assembly...

Nice to know that there are a few of them. It is one thing to look at a manual, but it is a totally different kettle of fish when looking at the critter all by itself in the flesh so to speak.

So BD and Bill .... big question..

Will it be possible to get good pics of how it mounts to the Cub and what the brackets look like? Also, is there brackets that go to the rear finals? It doesn't appear so from my loader or the manual pages from Tom and Lynn or from Bud's pics. And would it be possible to get measured sketches of the pieces that I may be needing?

Couple things that I see different --

pic courtesy of Barnyard and CB

The big triangular plate and the heavy box beam frame. I don't have those parts.

Bill, it seems yours does not have it either, at least in that pic.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:31 pm

Rudi, there are no brackets to the finals. What you see on Bud's is every angle and every piece there is.

Here are a few of the parts for mine. They are mixed with a bunch of non-loader stuff that came with the load I picked up. http://savethecub.com/images/implements/loaderparts.jpg

As far as detailed sketches, I don't know when I will find time in the near future with Cubfests and work keeping me busy.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:44 pm

Bill:

Thanks for the info, the pics and the honest appraisal of time. It is appreciated. Hopefully others who have these loaders may have a bit of time. I don't need detailed sketches, just need a sketch with measurements, length of each side of the triangle, where the holes are, thickness and of course the angles themselves. I am going to take my loader apart and inspect each piece, log em as per the parts diagram and then see which parts I am missing.

This is going to be a fun project, but not one that will be completed soon. I have a feeling if I can get it apart before winter, it will reside in the e-tank get cleaned and then cataloged. It may be next year before I can get it done. I understand full schedules.. it took me almost 4 months from the time I committed to buy it to actually go pick it up.

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Well that sure is an interesting looking feller, ain't it? Good score, I'd say Rudi. We enjoyed our time with you guys too, and wish it had been longer. We returned from our trip yesterday and the piano is still in the back of the truck until I can figure out how to unload it. It probably weighs at least as much as your loader. :shock:
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:40 pm

There was more than one version of the Henderson loader. I think the big side plates were only on the later ones. Your pictures aren't good enough to tell what version you have.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Jim:

Yes you are right, there are two types. When I was looking at the brochures on Tom's server, I kinda discounted the Lo-Boy version. After looking at some pics BD sent, I am becoming more sure that I have the one above and not the Lo-Boy version.

Henderson Loader for the Farmall Cub and Cub Lo-Boy
pic courtesy TM Tractor

I think Bud's is the second one .. and I think the one I have is the first one. Judging by some of the parts that I think I have/should have. Won't be sure until I take the loader apart and catalog it all. That will be next week. The rest of this week is going to be preparing for Earl.. it is slated to come right up the Bay of Fundy and nail everyone from Yarmouth NS to Moncton NB and Charlottetown PEI.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:27 am

Rudi - I believe either loader will fit both the cub and lo-boy.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Goraidh (Jeff)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04236
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub "Jessie"
'64 Cub "Alex"

Postby Goraidh (Jeff) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:20 am

Rudi, Wish I knew you were in town--Jay is but a stone throw from Greene. Would like to have finally met you. Maybe next time. Jeff
'49 Cub (#77786) "Jessie"
"64 Farmall Cub (#224657) "Alex"
Woods 42C-6
C-3 mower
Cub 54 Blade
193 Moldboard plow
Cub L-38 disc harrow
Cub-144 Cultivator
Cordwood Saw

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:33 am

Jeff:

I guess I should have mentioned it.. a couple mini-fests would have been great :!: We just had a long way to go and only the one day to do it in. We are planning on heading to Cecil's for CubFest Northeast in October though... that is the plan and I will try to stick to it :big smile:

We hope to stop at Dave and Hope's. meet up with Jeff and Vonla around Raymond, and we would be happy to hook up at some point there as well. Maybe when we get to Jeff's there would be a good opportunity :D

Goraidh (Jeff)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04236
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub "Jessie"
'64 Cub "Alex"

Postby Goraidh (Jeff) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Sounds great. I'm planning on heading out to Cecil's also. Sounds like a good time. Jeff
'49 Cub (#77786) "Jessie"
"64 Farmall Cub (#224657) "Alex"
Woods 42C-6
C-3 mower
Cub 54 Blade
193 Moldboard plow
Cub L-38 disc harrow
Cub-144 Cultivator
Cordwood Saw

Return to “Farmall Cub”