Generator Bracket

Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:24 am

I've run into a snag converting my '50 model back to 6v gen and voltage reg system. The generator bracket,(U-shaped) mounts on top of the trapezoid shaped voltage reg. bracket, which is placed on top of the govenor housing. Once the distributor is mounted, there is not enough room for the coil and mounting bracket to bolt on top of the distributor.
I've scoured every manual I have, and on the web. Is there a spacer that goes under the gen bracket to elevate it enough so the coil will clear? :?:
HR

Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:46 am

Here's a picture.

Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:44 am

i'd have to go look to be sure, but i believe the bracket goes the other way

lookin' good, HR

Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:18 pm

The generator bracket is OK as is. There should be a coil bracket that offsets the coil position similar to the voltage regulator bracket. With this part in place the coil ends up to the outside of the generator bracket.

The coil bracket is 353940R1 or R2 but does not show in the catalog illustrations.
http://www.tmtractor.com/el/1056.htm

Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:31 pm

Here's mine. You can just barely see the bracket that Jim spoke of, between the coil and distributor.

Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:45 pm

yup, i remember putting one of them on now. :oops:

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:31 pm

Thanks all. That explains it. Mystery solved. I'm a little embarassed to say I spent several hours trying different ways of the bracket. Once again, board members come through.
HR :lol: