This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Quite interesting.........

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

Quite interesting.........

Postby nosih » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:40 am

I recieved a call on friday from another vendor that I trade parts with quite a bit, and he asked me if I was interested in any NOS Cub block assemblies for $500/ea (remember I am asking $300/ea)... So I played along, and he gave me the part number of 353710R93 for each block assembly, and he stated that there were quite a few available..... SO, I asked him if he had any pictures, so he emailed me MY OWN PICTURES OF THE NOS BLOCKS I HAVE FOR SALE!!!! Later in the day, I recieved another call from another vendor that had requested pictures of the blocks (the exact same pics I recieved from the vendor wanting me to buy my own product!!), and he said he may be buying quite a few of these to sell to other vendors.............

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:00 am

Kind of reminds me about something that happened in gun collecting about ten years ago. A number of unscrupulous persons started faking rare parts and marketing them as originals. Same type of people, just a different venue. By the way, how's that article on IHC Garands coming? :)
Last edited by Don McCombs on Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nosih » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:03 am

Havent had time to start on the article. I need to pic up all the information on the project, which totals approximately 800 pages of documents & pics.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:56 am

:lol: Thats almost kind of funny. So I guess if you would have ordered 5-blocks from that vendor you could have expected a phone call later for an order of 5-blocks that he planned on reselling back to you at the $200 markup.

What would have been even funnier is that after you ordered from him and then he needed the blocks from you to fill your order is to say when he called to order that you were sold-out. I wonder what he would have done then unless he actually had another block source besides buying them from you. :lol:
Then came Bronson

nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nosih » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:14 pm

I prefer to sell to the end user, but 75% of my sales are to other vendors/dealers. I see it as everyone's money has the same shade of green.... I don't have different prices to vendors & end users, so that leaves me puzzled at times. I guess this is the first time I have had something that I am selling offered from another dealer to yet another dealer, and then offered back to me.... feels kina weird.........

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:16 pm

Justin,
I have a NOS Cub block I will sell you for $450. Just think, you will save $50.
:-)
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nosih » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:20 pm

Mike,

I bet you are now wishing you would have bought the crate of blocks that I had with me at the IH Collectors auction!!!!!!

nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nosih » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:09 pm

Quick little update... A dealer bought 2 crates yesterday...... Sure doesn't make these things cheaper.....

Return to “Farmall Cub”