This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mid Mount grader blade doesn't lift very high.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ChickenWing
10+ Years
10+ Years

Mid Mount grader blade doesn't lift very high.

Postby ChickenWing » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:22 pm

Hi all,

I finally got a grader blade, and got it mounted on my cub. I'm not sure which version of the blade this is though. It has the bell crank extention that is straight, not the boomerang one. It does not have a single round type liftying rod, it has the two bar yolk type of hookup. It is too dark to get pics right now. It is similar to the one shown in this picture, except mine does not have a lifting rod going forward. I'm not sure what that would be for in this pic of a mid mount?

I have it connected as showin in that pic above from TM Tractor Parts, but when I move the lift lever, there is very little upward movement. I can only get it about an inch or so off the ground. But there is a lot of room for downward movement. BTW, I have a manual lift, not TC. I have moved the connecting rod from the hand lever to the rockshaft so it gives the most movement, but it's not enough.

So my question is, how do I get more movement off the ground? I cant figure out what I may have hooked up wrong. I have read the mauals, and looked at all the TM tractor parts pics. Has anyone else come across this, and what is the solution? Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby welderrx » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:32 pm

From what I can see in your picture you have it right, at least according to my old photo copied pictures from a friends manual. Do you have the snow extension boltd on the top of the blade, that would probably cut down on travel. I have T.C. so I don't know much about the manual lift, I have never had my blade belly mounted so far because the loader brackets interfere with the substitute drawbar mounting pads.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:45 am

Chickenwing:

Sorry for late response, but at least I can tell you which version you have. You have the same blade as I do. Unfortunately it is the version that I haven't been able to find a manual for.

This is the Cub-54 version. The 54-A has the boomerang and the spring assembly to lift which replaces the rod and the bar.

I need the measurements of the rod and the bar. Any chance you can make me a sketch with the measurements.????

See other post about the spring assembly.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Buggyscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Buggyscott » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:11 pm

Have the model 54 mid mounted on My Missey and it just goes up a inch or two also. Figure that is all it needs since its hight is in relationship to the bottom of the wheels. I have found it to scrape and level the drive just fine, if I want to push a pile of material around I will use the front mount set-up.
Got a Cub and a good team of horses, nothing else I need or want except maybe another Cub and some more equipment!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:57 pm

Rudi wrote:This is the Cub-54 version. The 54-A has the boomerang and the spring assembly to lift which replaces the rod and the bar.

The later Cub-54 was of the boomerang/spring lift style. The Cub-54A differed from the late Cub-54 mainly in the change to the substitute drawbar for Fast-Hitch.

ChickenWing
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ChickenWing » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:55 pm

Rudi wrote:Chickenwing:

Sorry for late response, but at least I can tell you which version you have. You have the same blade as I do. Unfortunately it is the version that I haven't been able to find a manual for.

This is the Cub-54 version. The 54-A has the boomerang and the spring assembly to lift which replaces the rod and the bar.

I need the measurements of the rod and the bar. Any chance you can make me a sketch with the measurements.????

See other post about the spring assembly.

Sure thing Rudi, I can measure anything you need me too. But I'm not sure exactly what you need measured. The pic above is not my set up, that is from TMtractor parts. This photo below is of my setup with a bracket I made to get more lift. I do not have the parts for the front mount, just what you see in the picture. If you need any of these, just let me know.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:17 am

Chicken Wing:

Yup, to my semi-experienced eye, but you can check with Jim or George, you have the early McCormick-Deering Leveling and Grader Blade.

I have a lot of those parts that have been twisted out of shape. Some are used on the Cub-54.

Will let you know what parts I need. Thanks
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”