This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Thanks

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Thanks

Postby Vern Campbell » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:08 am

Being new I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum, but I wanted to thank you all. I haven't posted before because I am just beginning the restoration process of my father's 1955 Cub, and have no experience to offer yet. But over the past weekends as I have redone the gas tank, rebuilt the carburetor, and tuned up the Cub, I have found all the information I needed at this site, thanks to Rudi's manuals, Lurker Carl's carb tips, and the many, many informative posts from all you members. The payoff for me was this afternoon, when I started up the Cub for the first time in a long time, and gave my four year old son his first ride. The big smile on his face as he sat on my lap with his hands on the wheel must have been the same expression I had about 40 years ago when my father did the same with me. So thank you for all your help. Now, if I can just figure out why the battery discharges with the switch off?

Vern Campbell

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby farmallcub49 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:08 am

Check the Voltage Regualtor, I have had a few drain my batteries on a couple tractors.
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:53 pm

farmallcub49
Thanks for the thoughts on the voltage regulator. The three great mysteries of life to me are electrical problems, automatic transmissions, and well, women. My wife will attest to the last.
Vern

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:34 pm

Vern Campbell wrote:farmallcub49
Thanks for the thoughts on the voltage regulator. The three great mysteries of life to me are electrical problems, automatic transmissions, and well, women. My wife will attest to the last.
Vern

Seems I have those three exact problems with my wife ! :?
Ron

Return to “Farmall Cub”