Transfusion???

Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:34 pm

Got My Missey all bolted and screwed back together again. All I got to do is get some new battery cables (she was converted to 12 volt + when I got her) and then do all the fluids. Books says use 90 wt and SAE 30 non detergent. Do I go by the book or do you all have any suggestions? Also will be traveling to Ohio this week to pick up cultivators and mid mount blade I bought on e-bay. Will know by this time tomarrow just how good the price was, hope it remains one heck of a deal.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:49 pm

My personal preference is for 90 wt. in the tranny & gearboxes and hy-tran in the touch control. Hy-tran will also work in the gearboxes & tranny but if you have any marginal seals, they may start leaking due to the lower viscosity.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:00 pm

I'm with Bigdog. On motor oil, if you know what previous oener was using I would use the same. If it's recently been rebuilt I would go with 30 weight detergent or 10w30 to keep down crud.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:01 pm

I'm with Bigdog....90WT in the transmission and final drives and Hytran in the touch control. I use Case/IH Low Ash SAE 30 in the motor. 8)