connecting rods

Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:13 pm

I've been reading the service manual regarding the alignment of the connecting rod bearing in relation to the piston pin. It talks about using a 'connecting rod aligner' What does such a tool look like, or is there another way of checking that the pin bushing is aligned?

If new pin bushing are pressed in, how can that alignment be checked? Or is that something else that the machine shop should handle?

Also, is there a way to check the rods to tell if they are twisted or bent other that eye-balling it?


Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:33 pm


I let my favorite, local machine shop handle these types of jobs. They usually have the know-how and the equipment to check and repair these types of problems. 8)